"Who Am I?" trivia

Todd Pence

Re: "Who Am I?" trivia

Post by Todd Pence »

It was Bruce Mathison. Sorry for the errors. I completely missed his first TD pass. He was indeed on the roster for the final strike game but did not play in the game. And apologies too for the unpleasant memories.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

Todd Pence wrote:It was Bruce Mathison. Sorry for the errors. I completely missed his first TD pass. He was indeed on the roster for the final strike game but did not play in the game. And apologies too for the unpleasant memories.
Well, I was right anyway. Mathison fit most of the parameters.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

I am a running back.

I played my entire seven-year career with the same NFL team. The team was based in the same state in which I played college football.

I only led my team in rushing one of the seasons that I played. That was also the only year I contributed 1,000 yards total offense.

The first touchdown of my career occurred in a regular-season game that was of some historical significance. The opponent in that game went on to win the Super Bowl that year.

My personal best rushing yards game came against a division rival. I would later score the only postseason touchdown of my career against the same team, in a game which finished with an identical score.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Todd Pence wrote:I am a running back.

I played my entire seven-year career with the same NFL team. The team was based in the same state in which I played college football.

I only led my team in rushing one of the seasons that I played. That was also the only year I contributed 1,000 yards total offense.

The first touchdown of my career occurred in a regular-season game that was of some historical significance. The opponent in that game went on to win the Super Bowl that year.

My personal best rushing yards game came against a division rival. I would later score the only postseason touchdown of my career against the same team, in a game which finished with an identical score.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I am a kick returner. My only touchdown in my NFL career came in the same game when a player on the opposing team (with the same surname as I) scored his first NFL touchdown. Both of us were in our second season in the NFL (and both were drafted). My team moved to a new city in my second year, where I scored my only touchdown. The opposing team also moved to a new city a few years later. Who Am I?
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I was drafted by (then) a current two-time Super Bowl Champion, a team where I played my first three NFL seasons, then I went to the worst team in the NFL (by record) at the time. In my 9th and final NFL season I scored my only career TD in the playoffs, and I was a starter in my third and, finally, a Super Bowl-winning team. But the following year I held out and never played again. Who Am I?
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Bryan wrote:
Todd Pence wrote:I am a running back.

Funny you should answer with a football card. I chose Key worth for this quiz because his was the first football card I ever remember having. It was a different edition than the one you showed, though.
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

Teo wrote:I was drafted by (then) a current two-time Super Bowl Champion, a team where I played my first three NFL seasons, then I went to the worst team in the NFL (by record) at the time. In my 9th and final NFL season I scored my only career TD in the playoffs, and I was a starter in my third and, finally, a Super Bowl-winning team. But the following year I held out and never played again. Who Am I?

This is Jeris White. I doubt that I would've recognized him if he hadn't finished his career with the Redskins.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I am a kick returner. My only touchdown in my NFL career came in the same game when a player on the opposing team (with the same surname as I) scored his first NFL touchdown. Both of us were in our second season in the NFL (and both were drafted). My team moved to a new city in my second year, where I scored my only touchdown. The opposing team also moved to a new city a few years later. Who Am I?
The answer to this one is Phil Smith. (no, I hadn't heard of him until this moment!) Who scored his only NFL TD for the Colts in their first year in Indianapolis in a game in which Leonard Smith of the Cardinals scored his first NFL TD on an interception return. Leonard Smith only spent a portion of the 1988 season on the Cardinals in Phoenix before moving on to the Bills for the early part of their Super Bowl years.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Bob Gill wrote:
Teo wrote:I was drafted by (then) a current two-time Super Bowl Champion, a team where I played my first three NFL seasons, then I went to the worst team in the NFL (by record) at the time. In my 9th and final NFL season I scored my only career TD in the playoffs, and I was a starter in my third and, finally, a Super Bowl-winning team. But the following year I held out and never played again. Who Am I?

This is Jeris White. I doubt that I would've recognized him if he hadn't finished his career with the Redskins.
Correct!