Most recent NFL playoff game with no surviving videotape?

Jay Z

Re: Most recent NFL playoff game with no surviving videotape

Post by Jay Z »

NFL now has 90+ full classic games available for free viewing on YouTube on their own channel.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Jay Z wrote:NFL now has 90+ full classic games available for free viewing on YouTube on their own channel.
How many before 1995?
nicefellow31

Post by nicefellow31 »

JeffreyMiller wrote:A couple of guys named Newton Minnow and Comrade Dobler have been posting complete games from the 60s and 70s on Youtube ... several playoff games with intros and commercials. While I am not an advocate of posting this stuff on Youtube, I admit to watching a few of these videos and much of it is absolutely spectacular. I just watched the Oakland at Miami playoff game from 1973.

I am wondering if someone from NFL FIlms is monitoring what's showing up on Youtube anymore. I recall stuff being yanked way back when, but these have been up for quite a while.
Yes and did you know that there are online aps that can convert the youtube into a MP4 that you can download to your hard drive. I even "know" somebody who has a hard drive with 100's of games from the 70's, 80's, etc. who watches those games along with TWIPF episodes during long aircraft flights.
jeckle_and_heckle

Post by jeckle_and_heckle »

nicefellow31 wrote:
Yes and did you know that there are online aps that can convert the youtube into a MP4 that you can download to your hard drive.
There are indeed many utilities that do this. The problem I've run into is, while some (but not all) work very well, they typically save it in a format conducive to viewing on a small screen like an iPhone. Screening the converted file on an HDTV is a grainy disaster. Even an iPad can be too large to view with clarity.

Yet, it's something. Unlike others, I have no problem at all with NFL games being on YouTube. As previously mentioned, the NFL has it's own channel and content on YouTube. And let's face it, YouTube and other options like Netflix are supplanting network and even cable television. In my opinion, the content is better. Like anything else, if content suffers in one media, something better will eventually come along and replace it.

Network and most cable television has become a joke. I looked at my cable bill one day and saw it approached $170 a month. So I dropped cable and kept my high speed internet, cutting my bill in half. I put the $80 savings in a Vanguard account every month that I opened just for that reason. For about a year I signed up for Netflix. I eventually dropped that, too. Today's over the air antennas are great--not like the rabbit ears of old. The clarity on the four main network stations is HD, better than cable. So I still get my fix of NFL games. I miss the cable games, but the cost savings is worth it. When they streamed eight games on Twitter this year, it was great.

Changing times. I, for one, like it.
"ROGER THAT"