Game? What game?

Bob Gill

Game? What game?

Post by Bob Gill »

Redskins vs. Dolphins. On fourth and 1, Redskins try to draw the Dolphins offside, which fails, and they call a timeout with 32 seconds left in the first quarter. After 90 seconds or 2 minutes of commercials, we come back to the game, and they show us on the screen that the game is sponsored by two things, one of which is a new movie about Steve Jobs and the other of which I forget -- but we've just seen full commercials for BOTH of them during the break.

OK, Redskins line up for a field goal and miss it, which takes 5 seconds, and then we go away for another full round of commercials, before coming back. Miami runs two plays, which brings us to the end of the quarter, and another break for another full round of commercials. I wasn't timing the commercial breaks, but at that point I'd say we had 4 and a half to six minutes of commercials (not including the two mini-ads when we came back the first time) against THREE PLAYS of the game, which is allegedly what they're showing.

I may have seen something this egregious before, but not that I can remember, and I thought I'd write this down while it was still fresh in my memory.
John Maxymuk

Re: Game? What game?

Post by John Maxymuk »

But did you enjoy the commercials more than watching the Redskins?
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

The game was fine, when they finally got back to it. I mean, the Redskins were leading after three quarters. Around here, we count that as a win.
nicefellow31

Post by nicefellow31 »

Bob Gill wrote:Redskins vs. Dolphins. On fourth and 1, Redskins try to draw the Dolphins offside, which fails, and they call a timeout with 32 seconds left in the first quarter. After 90 seconds or 2 minutes of commercials, we come back to the game, and they show us on the screen that the game is sponsored by two things, one of which is a new movie about Steve Jobs and the other of which I forget -- but we've just seen full commercials for BOTH of them during the break.

OK, Redskins line up for a field goal and miss it, which takes 5 seconds, and then we go away for another full round of commercials, before coming back. Miami runs two plays, which brings us to the end of the quarter, and another break for another full round of commercials. I wasn't timing the commercial breaks, but at that point I'd say we had 4 and a half to six minutes of commercials (not including the two mini-ads when we came back the first time) against THREE PLAYS of the game, which is allegedly what they're showing.

I may have seen something this egregious before, but not that I can remember, and I thought I'd write this down while it was still fresh in my memory.
I was in the stands. Thankfully it was beautiful day.