Thoughts on Brett Favre

Gary Najman

Re: Thoughts on Brett Favre

Post by Gary Najman »

I am a very big fan of Favre and I enjoyed every game I saw of him. My favorite moment of him that I watch in tv was in 1994 in the last ever NFL played at Milwaukee, when he ran for the winnng touchdown against Atlanta. Interestingly, his two famous Monday Nights (in 2000 against Minnesota with Antonio Freeman improbable TD catch in OT, and in 2003 at Oakland when his father had died, and all he dd was throwing for 400 yards and 4 tds, and prservng his starting streak) where two of the rare games I missed due to travel, in fact the Freeman's catch I just watched recently, I remember I was in London and couldn't even get the score that day since I couldn't find an internet cafe, and when I found it I couldn't watch the highlights (in those years there was no Youtube and I don't remember if the NFL.com website back then showed highlights like now).
Reaser

Re: Thoughts on Brett Favre

Post by Reaser »

SixtiesFan wrote:Sportswriters were asking Favre "When are you going to retire" when he was 34-35 years old.
There's that funny clip of Mike Sherman talking to Favre before a game and saying something like: "I read this morning that you're retiring ... give us a half at least."