More inane trivia!

Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Re: More inane trivia!

Post by Mark L. Ford »

rockhawk wrote:I'm pretty sure Wyoming has never produced a starting NFL QB. Although Casey Bramlet was the last-ever World Bowl MVP.
If I read pro-football-reference.com correctly, the University of Wyoming hasn't produced an NFL quarterback EVER, starter or backup. They've had some well known players, like Conrad Dobler and Jim Kiick, and had eight players in the NFL last year.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Another trivia (hopefully I'm right):

Name the only time in history that two drafted rookies faced each other in their first career regular season game for both, the first pass one of them threw was intercepted by the other rookie (also his first interception).

Hint: Both pass and interception were the only ones both players did in their rookie year.
rockhawk

Post by rockhawk »

If Brett Smith stayed his senior season he'd in the least be a late-round pick this year... BTW - Jay Novacek was an all-state H.S. QB.
rockhawk

Post by rockhawk »

Teo wrote:Another trivia (hopefully I'm right):

Name the only time in history that two drafted rookies faced each other in their first career regular season game for both, the first pass one of them threw was intercepted by the other rookie (also his first interception).

Hint: Both pass and interception were the only ones both players did in their rookie year.
I think I know the answer, but I won't ruin the fun for everybody right away. I'll give another hint though.

The passer wasn't a QB and the interceptor played an offensive position.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

rockhawk wrote:
Teo wrote:Another trivia (hopefully I'm right):

I think I know the answer, but I won't ruin the fun for everybody right away. I'll give another hint though.

The passer wasn't a QB and the interceptor played an offensive position.
You're correct! After the trivia is answered I think I'll opened two new posts about these two players, as both had some unique things that set up apart others from others at their positions.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Fill in the blanks:

D_____ B______ broke A____ T______'s team career rushing record in 1981.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

That must be the guy whose record was broken by one yard three years later?
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Dexter Bussey and Altie Taylor?

Which team managed to get through an entire sixteen-game season while losing only three fumbles, only to match that total in their postseason loss?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Todd Pence wrote:Dexter Bussey and Altie Taylor?
This is c______.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Two-part question: who recorded the first official sack by a defensive back in Super Bowl history? who recorded the first unofficial sack by a defensive back in Super Bowl history?