Hi, I'm Rich

RichS

Hi, I'm Rich

Post by RichS »

Hello to all...new forum member here. Looking forward to talking football.

Forums often have their own internal protocol, wondering if someone could give me the lay of the land.

Ok to talk current NFL, or just history?

If a person has specific questions, should I start a new post or how is this usually handled?

Are there any subjects that have been beaten to death? Don't want to post something that's been hashed over ad nauseum.

Thanks guys.

Rich
Saban1

Re: Hi, I'm Rich

Post by Saban1 »

Ask about anything you want and it is OK to start a new thread. I do that when I have a question and people here will be glad to answer it if they know the answer. There are some pretty knowledgeable people here.
RichS

Post by RichS »

Thanks Saban
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

No protocol.

Historical topics usually lead to more conversation - for 'current' it's usually all-pro, pro bowl, and the HOF chances of a recently retired player that we talk about. Posting about the Seahawks signing Ahtyba Rubin isn't what we really do here, though there's no rules, talk about whatever football related topic you want to.

Start any thread you want.

Don't worry about ad nauseum, we discuss things then a year later someone starts a similar thread and we discuss it again.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

You might want to avoid starting any threads that include the phrase "Mount Rushmore of..."
Other than that it's open season.

And welcome!
RichS

Post by RichS »

JuggernautJ wrote:You might want to avoid starting any threads that include the phrase "Mount Rushmore of..."
Other than that it's open season.

And welcome!
Ha! Yeah, might avoid that one...
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

RichS wrote:Hello to all...new forum member here. Looking forward to talking football.

Forums often have their own internal protocol, wondering if someone could give me the lay of the land.

Ok to talk current NFL, or just history?

If a person has specific questions, should I start a new post or how is this usually handled?

Are there any subjects that have been beaten to death? Don't want to post something that's been hashed over ad nauseum.

Thanks guys.

Rich
The idea of an "All-Time Team" has been beaten to death.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by SixtiesFan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 pm
"The idea of an "All-Time Team" has been beaten to death."

Indeed it has but it is always fun to watch and read - especially as we travel 6-3, 5-2, 4-4, 4-3, 3-4 just for example.
And, as much of a "beating" as it has taken, there is NO agreed-upon team.
So, rip away, RichS, if you like. This place can be fun and a true institution of learning.
Welcome and Enjoy...
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister