"Ang" and the AFL

Reaser

Re: "Ang" and the AFL

Post by Reaser »

This is part of the reason I suggested a "Known Issues" thread, could have kept all the back and forth in one place.

Since I didn't get the irony in the original post nor the following back and forth ... responding to the spirit of the original post: Yes, it would be great to have Mr. Coniglio posting here (again), along with the many other AFL fans (including others who have their own AFL history sites).

Perhaps once things settle down around here, when we get the forum issues fixed and such, there can be an effort to recruit people - new and old - to the forum? Not just the forum, but to be PFRA members, CC contributors, etc ...

We really need to take care of the people from the old forum that haven't made it over to this forum first, though. Some just never made it over here while some others had major issues signing up leading to them 'giving up'.

There's also people who used to post at the old forum who are signed up here but don't post here as often as they did there, for whatever reason.

We also have numerous PFRA members who don't post at the forums, but maybe we can advertise (been done before) the forum in the CC, try and sell them on sharing their football knowledge here.

Finally, there's people from other football sites, Chase Stuart used to post at the old forum, don't believe he's signed up here? At least one of the PFF guys posted at the old forum but I think he got ran off quickly. Then of course the numerous contributors to the known football sites that are unaware of the PFRA forums.

Just an idea, though back to "Ange", I'm not sure he would ever come back here. He still has the PFRA in his AFL Hall of Infamy - though as far as I know that has little to do with current PFRA members. That goes back a ways.
RichS

Post by RichS »

Reaser wrote:At least one of the PFF guys posted at the old forum but I think he got ran off quickly.
Are you referring to Pro Football Focus? Why would one of their guys get run out of here?
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

RichS wrote:Are you referring to Pro Football Focus? Why would one of their guys get run out of here?
Yes and it was on our old forums which unfortunately we lost most of that info in the switch, and I don't remember the details since it was years ago.
RichS

Post by RichS »

Thought I read where something like a third of the teams in the NFL use PFF. Others, like Vikings' coach Mike Zimmer, don't care for it.
rockhawk

Post by rockhawk »

OCC,

What exactly is your beef here? What exactly did the current PFRA administration do to YOU to cause YOU such pain? Be direct, please! No more riddles.

I mean, you complain so much it has gotten to the point of comedy. When a new topic is posted my first thought is what small, petty thing will OCC complain about now. You even found a way to gripe in the Chuck Bednarik thread.

If you're so unhappy. Please, just move on. I'm sure they'll refund your money.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

r
If you choose to criticize a post that praises the work of Ken Crippen, then you have, indeed, revealed your motive.
Fortunately for you - for all of us - Ken is not an individual to harbor a grudge. His administration will be positive.
Enjoy if you are a member; be grateful if you simply visit. You are welcome...
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
rockhawk

Post by rockhawk »

Read carefully and answer.

What exactly did the current PFRA administration do to YOU to cause YOU such pain?

In more blunt words. Why are you always bitching?

This isn't about Ken. It's about you.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

r
No one knows you.
Sorry, you seem to be a lurker here without any identification or validity.
You are welcome - as are all visitors - but you are not permitted a personal exchange.
Too bad! It appears you need the enlightenment.
If you have true interest, scroll back through the various threads.
Beginning around October of last year, you will see complaints by various members.
That might end your confusion.
This exchange is ended.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
rockhawk

Post by rockhawk »

I find it funny that you won't answer my question. But if somebody - especially anybody in the current admin - ignored your question you'd have a fit.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

RichS wrote:
rockhawk wrote:Mr. Coniglio is certainly an AFL expert. But did he really have to write his own Wikipedia page to prove that? Is this a common practice for most researchers?
How do you know he wrote his own page, or did someone else write it?

Just asking, does a Wikipedia page clarify that?
the author was MussomeliGirl, that he/she made 4 posts, the Angie page, then he/she added Angie's name to these pages‎ . . Lafayette High School (Buffalo, New York) ‎‎ . . List of University at Buffalo people ‎ . . Full Color Football: The History of the American Football League ‎

much of the content was by an anonymous editior you can see whoever it was has an interesting in the AFL and AFL players and Italian literature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... 180.45.236

Could be anyone, I suppose.