Harold Carmichael's Trophy

JoeZagorski

Harold Carmichael's Trophy

Post by JoeZagorski »

Hey Guys:

A tougher question ahead: Eagles wide receiver Harold Carmichael set an NFL record in 1979 when he caught at least one pass in 106 consecutive games. The game in which he broke Danny Abramowicz' record was against Cleveland at Veterans Stadium. At halftime of that game, Carmichael was awarded with a really big trophy. Does anyone know how big that trophy stood? Any info that you can provide about that trophy is appreciated. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Joe Zagorski
cdwillis
Site Moderator

Re: Harold Carmichael's Trophy

Post by cdwillis »

The trophy was 22 feet, 10 inches high, and weighed about 800 pounds. This info came from an article about the trophy being at the
Pro Football Hall of Fame and quoted by Don Smith, a Vice-President at the HOF. I remember growing up and going to the Hall of
Fame and seeing the trophy on display, it was all of that 22 feet.
cdwillis
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

According to an article a few days later, it was 23 feet, nine inches. I know at one point, it was at the PFHOF.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Joe Zagorski wrote:Hey Guys:

A tougher question ahead: Eagles wide receiver Harold Carmichael set an NFL record in 1979 when he caught at least one pass in 106 consecutive games. The game in which he broke Danny Abramowicz' record was against Cleveland at Veterans Stadium. At halftime of that game, Carmichael was awarded with a really big trophy. Does anyone know how big that trophy stood? Any info that you can provide about that trophy is appreciated. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Joe Zagorski
I never heard about that! I do know Eagles lost that game though. Seattle at Dallas '02 comes to mind for some reason....
JoeZagorski

Post by JoeZagorski »

Thanks Guys! I truly appreciate the info!
Sincerely,
Joe Zagorski
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I found a newspaper article about the trophy but no pictures of it. I don't remember seeing it at the PFHOF:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 15,5242279
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I am revivong the post because I found the vídeo with the trophy, at the 3:28 mark

https://youtu.be/ju9VRVfZUPc