Ray Brown (OL)

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Halas Hall

Ray Brown (OL)

Post by Halas Hall »

Wondering what people think.

Is offensive lineman Ray Brown a "first ballot" Hall of Very Good inductee after playing in 250 + games and making the Pro Bowl so late in his career?

I do not think he is eligible for a while. Quite a player.

Thanks.
Nick
JohnTurney

Re: Ray Brown (OL)

Post by JohnTurney »

Halas Hall wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:01 pm Wondering what people think.

Is offensive lineman Ray Brown a "first ballot" Hall of Very Good inductee after playing in 250 + games and making the Pro Bowl so late in his career?

I do not think he is eligible for a while. Quite a player.

Thanks.
Nick
he also missed an entire season or it would be 20 years -- became full-time starter at age 31
Bryan

Re: Ray Brown (OL)

Post by Bryan »

Halas Hall wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:01 pm Is offensive lineman Ray Brown a "first ballot" Hall of Very Good inductee after playing in 250 + games and making the Pro Bowl so late in his career?
I don't know what the correct interpretation of this would be. Something similar happened to Mike Kenn and Ken Riley....kind of randomly late in their careers they were named 1st Team All Pro after getting no recognition the previous decade. I think in Kenn's case and Riley's to a lesser extent that the overall team success helped 'boost' their status. But I interpret this as the voters saying "yeah, you were always a great player....sorry for continually overlooking you....here is your All Pro vote now". JMO