Packers fatigue

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Brian wolf

Re: Packers fatigue

Post by Brian wolf »

Sharpe getting elected could also help other players with high peak-short careers but it will be interesting if his election helps Dilweg, Lewellen and Isbell down the road? I know Isbell gets support but I feel he also could be cancelling them out as well.

I feel Lewellen will only have a chance after Sharpe and Dilweg get elected, unless recentism continues to rule the process.

Others that could benefit from Sharpe's election ...

Brito
Boyd
Bowman
Baumhower
Foreman
Anderson
Scott
George
Alexander
Holmes
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Brian wolf wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:14 pm Sharpe getting elected could also help other players with high peak-short careers but it will be interesting if his election helps Dilweg, Lewellen and Isbell down the road? I know Isbell gets support but I feel he also could be cancelling them out as well.

I feel Lewellen will only have a chance after Sharpe and Dilweg get elected, unless recentism continues to rule the process.

Brito
Boyd
Bowman
Baumhower
Foreman
Anderson
Scott
George
Alexander
Holmes
For some reason I don't associate Eddie George with the rest of those players. Maybe its because of my perception as him being a 3.0 YPC guy, but I view him more like a Joe Morris than a Priest Holmes. But I would be fine with any of the other guys you listed being in the HOF.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Yes, George had turf toe problems that plagued him later in his career but before say, 2001-2002, he had quickness through a hole and ran hard despite being overworked like Earl Campbell had been. Still impressive he had over 10,000 in eight seasons without a passing game to help him.
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

Brian wolf wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:14 pm Sharpe getting elected could also help other players with high peak-short careers but it will be interesting if his election helps Dilweg, Lewellen and Isbell down the road? I know Isbell gets support but I feel he also could be cancelling them out as well.

Boyd
Bowman
I guess the Boyd is Bobby Boyd, but which Bowman are you talking about? I don't see anybody by that name that I'd consider voting for -- not that I have a vote, of course.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

NaVorro Bowman, who was a 4-time All-Pro despite just 7 seasons.
SeahawkFever

Post by SeahawkFever »

Bryan wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:39 pm

Brito
Boyd
Bowman
Baumhower
Foreman
Anderson
Scott
George
Alexander
Holmes
For some reason I don't associate Eddie George with the rest of those players. Maybe its because of my perception as him being a 3.0 YPC guy, but I view him more like a Joe Morris than a Priest Holmes. But I would be fine with any of the other guys you listed being in the HOF.
Could Eddie George be a Hall of Very Good running back down the line?
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

SeahawkFever wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:31 pm Could Eddie George be a Hall of Very Good running back down the line?
I think his extra value is too the coach and GM since he freed up a roster spot. They didn't have a need for too many RBs since ran a ton and was good on pass plays and could block.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Brito
Boyd
Bowman
Baumhower
Foreman
Anderson
Scott
George
Alexander
Holmes
I'll actually agree with you Bryan 100% in terms of Eddie George I don't see him ever getting into the hall of fame even as a senior nom down the road
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Brito
Boyd
Bowman
Baumhower
Foreman
Anderson
Scott
George
Alexander
Holmes
Yeah, I'd drop George but add Del Shofner. I tend to think he'd be in already had he not shuffled back and forth between WR and DB and had a couple extra receiving seasons.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

NWebster wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:32 pm

Brito
Boyd
Bowman
Baumhower
Foreman
Anderson
Scott
George
Alexander
Holmes
Yeah, I'd drop George but add Del Shofner. I tend to think he'd be in already had he not shuffled back and forth between WR and DB and had a couple extra receiving seasons.
Second that about replacing george with shofner 100% didn't know he shuffled between wr and db