Did George Halas write two autobiographies or just the one?

Throwin_Samoan

Did George Halas write two autobiographies or just the one?

Post by Throwin_Samoan »

I have a copy of Halas: An Autobiography, by Halas with Gwen Morgan and Arthur Veysey, apparently released as a paperback in 1986 with Mike McCaskey's foreward after the Super Bowl XX win.

There is a book called Halas By Halas, also by Halas, Morgan and Veysey, which came out in 1979, which I have not bought because it seems like the same book.

I'm assuming the newer one is the original one with a slightly altered name (for some reason), because no one writes two autobiographies in the final four years of their life. The chapter titles are all the same as well, so I reckon that answers my question. Just wondered if anyone else had any insight into that one.
RichardBak

Re: Did George Halas write two autobiographies or just the one?

Post by RichardBak »

Taylor came out with a PB edition of Halas by Halas in 1981, couple years after McGraw-Hill published the hardcover.
mikecobern

Post by mikecobern »

I was fortunate enough to find an affordable copy of Halas by Halas just this week. It's pricey in the marketplace. Lots of good autograph copies on ebay.
Throwin_Samoan

Post by Throwin_Samoan »

mikecobern wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:24 am I was fortunate enough to find an affordable copy of Halas by Halas just this week. It's pricey in the marketplace. Lots of good autograph copies on ebay.
I got the renamed version for $7.39.
mikecobern

Post by mikecobern »

I think I paid around $8.00 for mine and was happy enough with it. But it must have sat in a window and the spine was faded more than the front & back covers. I'm a condition freak and want to keep nice copies of important books....which all football books are. I was bummed that, and I haven't read it front to back yet, but I don't think Halas mentions the Texans at all. Probably still pissed over Thanksgiving Day LOL.