1945 Championship

JuggernautJ

Re: 1945 Championship

Post by JuggernautJ »

Bob Gill wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:20 pm
JuggernautJ wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:52 pm (And considering the game was won by a one point margin you have to consider that that decision may've cost Washington the Championship.)
On top of that, a day before the game the Rams suggested moving the goal posts back to the end line. But the Redskins said it would be too much trouble, and besides, how could the goal posts have any effect on the game?
Wow, Bob.
I didn't know that.

One "doink" different and it's a whole other outcome...
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

JuggernautJ wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:23 pm Wow, Bob.
I didn't know that.

That WAS just a joke ...
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Bob Gill wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:38 pm
JuggernautJ wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:23 pm Wow, Bob.
I didn't know that.

That WAS just a joke ...
You dog.
I am SO gullible...

No wonder I'd never heard that before...
*Hangs head in shame*

Now I'm trashing your trivia book because I don't know if I can trust the answers.
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

JuggernautJ wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:26 pm You dog.
I am SO gullible...

*Hangs head in shame*

Now I'm trashing your trivia book because I don't know if I can trust the answers.
Well, there might be a wrong answer in there somewhere, but if so, it's not intentional.

I guess I needed to use one of those faces. Now that I think of that, I see they're right off to the side here. Let's see ...

:D

How's that?
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Bob Gill wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:46 pm
JuggernautJ wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:26 pm You dog.
I am SO gullible...

*Hangs head in shame*

Well, there might be a wrong answer in there somewhere, but if so, it's not intentional.

I guess I needed to use one of those faces. Now that I think of that, I see they're right off to the side here. Let's see ...

How's that?
Not any better...
I am still quite gullible.

GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Throwin_Samoan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:27 pm FWIW, some highlights exist (though, sadly, not of the fateful play that provided the eventual winning margin.)

https://youtu.be/WIvaEXPgw5g
There used to be a B/W video of the play on YouTube but it's apparently taken down. Here's a link to a 17-minute video of the game which might have it - I haven't watched it yet.

Really excited to see that there are color videos of this game. Hadn't seen anything in color before - only B/W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxnNH7e0pTo
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:35 am There used to be a B/W video of the play on YouTube but it's apparently taken down. Here's a link to a 17-minute video of the game which might have it - I haven't watched it yet.
Yes, the pass that hits the post is there, and it's shown twice -- actually three times, but the third is a black-and-white shot from a different angle, and the intended receiver (Wayne Millner, I think) is lost in shadows. The pass hits the crossbar, which is interesting because I had always thought it hit one of the uprights.

For now I've only watched to that point, but so far I believe the film has included every play. Given the fact that it's 17 minutes long, there's a good chance that it covers every play of the whole game.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Bob Gill wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:22 am
GameBeforeTheMoney wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:35 am There used to be a B/W video of the play on YouTube but it's apparently taken down. Here's a link to a 17-minute video of the game which might have it - I haven't watched it yet.
Yes, the pass that hits the post is there, and it's shown twice -- actually three times, but the third is a black-and-white shot from a different angle, and the intended receiver (Wayne Millner, I think) is lost in shadows. The pass hits the crossbar, which is interesting because I had always thought it hit one of the uprights.

For now I've only watched to that point, but so far I believe the film has included every play. Given the fact that it's 17 minutes long, there's a good chance that it covers every play of the whole game.
But the fist fights among fans? Fires in the stands? The half time locker room flood?
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen