question about the Rozelle rule

Brian wolf

Re: question about the Rozelle rule

Post by Brian wolf »

Browns fans have to wonder what Warfield could have helped the team achieve in 78-80 with Sipe but he had already helped Sipe become a polished QB, who utilized every back and receiver in the Cleveland offense. Older or not, could Warfield have made a difference in the Mistake By The Lake playoff game? Logan and Rucker had dropped three TD passes but Warfield might have caught them, despite frigid winds. A great what-if ...
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Brian wolf wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:13 pm Browns fans have to wonder what Warfield could have helped the team achieve in 78-80 with Sipe but he had already helped Sipe become a polished QB, who utilized every back and receiver in the Cleveland offense. Older or not, could Warfield have made a difference in the Mistake By The Lake playoff game? Logan and Rucker had dropped three TD passes but Warfield might have caught them, despite frigid winds. A great what-if ...
I still believe that Rutigliano should have ran the ball and kicked the chip shot. This sounds crazy, but I would rather lose on a missed FG than a stupid pass that you never should have threw (or called) in a trillion years.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I agree, but still liked the call, it was just poorly executed. Sipe's pass was late, Newsome couldnt cut properly on the route and Davis anticipated the pass beautifully. He was known for having stone hands but made arguably the greatest interception in Raiders history ...