Favorite football scenes in non football movies

JohnTurney

Re: Favorite football scenes in non football movies

Post by JohnTurney »

Cali_Eagle wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:05 am
JohnTurney wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:25 pm
Cali_Eagle wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:33 pm Ernie Green was in it as the player who ran into Lemmon. Pretty good movie.
Think that was Ron Rich ... interestingly he wore Leroy Kelly's number. "Boom Boom"
some game action in that -- pre NFL FIlms ...
This is from Wikipedia:

According to The Saturday Evening Post, additional footage was shot the day after the game with Browns players as themselves and the Vikings. Luther "Boom Boom" Jackson's uniform number 44 was actually worn by Leroy Kelly, who was deemed "too small to pass for actor Ron Rich at close range" according to the Post. Ernie Green and a stunt performer both stood in for Rich, with the latter only for the sideline collision scene.

So assuming TSEP and Wiki have it right, we are both right!
Thanks appreciate that. Didn't know Green stood in for him. Makes sense, though. Funny they had to use a stunt guy for the actual collision. Also makes sense, no way Browns would allow a player, during the season, to get hurt for a movie
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Jeff Bridges playing for the Los Angeles Outlaws in Against All Odds. Any movie with Rachel Ward is worth seeing ...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
Cali_Eagle

Post by Cali_Eagle »

JeffreyMiller wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:54 pm Jeff Bridges playing for the Los Angeles Outlaws in Against All Odds. Any movie with Rachel Ward is worth seeing ...
If I could "like" this post, I would. Rachel Ward is always worth seeing in a movie! ;)
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

Does "Laces out Dan" count? Or is that a proper football movie?

On that note, did anyone catch the XP that was hilariously shanked yesterday because the laces were in? The line, of course, was quoted on the broadcast.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

8-)
Cali_Eagle wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:54 am
JeffreyMiller wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:54 pm Jeff Bridges playing for the Los Angeles Outlaws in Against All Odds. Any movie with Rachel Ward is worth seeing ...
If I could "like" this post, I would. Rachel Ward is always worth seeing in a movie! ;)
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

How could I forget Black Sunday (1977) featuring the Cowboys and Steelers in the Orange Bowl at SB X?!?
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

M*A*S*H would also be my "go to."

The Best of Times (1986, Robin Williams, Kurt Russel) is a football movie but I'm giving it a mention because it is not well known/remembered.
If you ever get the chance to see it I would highly recommend you do.

Highlights ("favorite scenes") include a viewing of MNF and Kurt Russel... singing...).
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JuggernautJ wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:57 amThe Best of Times (1986, Robin Williams, Kurt Russel) is a football movie but I'm giving it a mention because it is not well known/remembered.
If you ever get the chance to see it I would highly recommend you do.

Highlights ("favorite scenes") include a viewing of MNF and Kurt Russel... singing...).
Part of a "Peyton's Places" episode was with Kurt Russell and partly about "The Best of Times."