2023 season, Week 5 review

racepug

2023 season, Week 5 review

Post by racepug »

1) The Bears win! The Bears win! (not a good game, obviously, for the Commanders but I'm sure the Bears were P*SSED about blowing the Week 4 game against DEN and were determined to make amends for that and unfortunately for WAS they happened to be the next team on "Da Bears"' schedule)

2) The Bills lose to JAX AND they lose some key players in the process. (might JAX have had an advantage in already having been in London for a week before the game?) Doubts continue to creep in about the likelihood of a Bills S.B. championship this season.

3) It's still early but DET really does look like it'll win its division for the first time in 3 decades.

4) The Texans come close but aren't quite able to win their 3rd straight game for their new H.C.

5) Maybe the N.F.L. should stop naming NYG H.C.s "Coach of the Year"

6) The Patriots are shut out at home and lose consecutive games by 30 or more points for the first time since 1970(!).

7) BAL, up 10 - 0 in Pittsburgh, absolutely falls apart in the 2nd half and loses 10 - 17, ending their opportunity to start 3 - 0 in their division (with all wins on the road)

8) PHI stays unbeaten by winning on the West Coast in the battle between the last two N.F.C. champions

9) the Jets take the "Hackett Bowl" by winning in Denver and as of right now DEN having acquired Sean Payton before this season appears to have done them about as much good as acquiring Russell Wilson did last year.

10) the Vikings were (a remarkable) 11 - 0 in one-score games last year. This year so far they're 0 - 4 in the same.

11) the 49ers absolutely dominate the Cowboys in what was supposed to be a "revenge game" for the N.F.C. entry based in TX (after being eliminated from the playoffs by SFO the last two seasons). The 49ers do an excellent job against two-time All-Pro (in his first two seasons!) Micah Parsons, whose name was barely mentioned all night (but who remained defiant after the game: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cowboys-lb ... 11908.html).

12) the Raiders snap a 3-game losing streak tonight which shows me that the Packers are in even more trouble than I thought (I heard during tonight's game that the Packers have the youngest team in the league so maybe that - along with them having lost Aaron Rodgers, of course - has something to do with it). The Raiders? Well - maybe they can avoid finishing in last place in their division, anyway.