Elks win!

racepug

Elks win!

Post by racepug »

I happened to tune into EDM vs. OTT the other day in C.F.L. action and after watching EDM win 30 - 20 I found out that the victory put an end to a 22-game home losing streak for the Elks (their last win at home had been in October 2019). 22 games! Holy Smokes! That is awful for a professional team! (I read elsewhere, later, that the N.F.L. record for consecutive home losses is 14 [the 1988 - 89 Cowboys and another team I forget but I think it was during the 2000s])
Reaser

Re: Elks win!

Post by Reaser »

Yup, been a story all season. And last season, too.

They had just got their first win this year of any kind the week prior. Started 0-9, even lost both preseason games, and finished last season on a 4-game losing streak. Two wins in a row including their first home win since 2019. Break up the Elks!

The home losing streak was the main story -they've been horrible regardless of where the games were played- and drove home the point of how awful they've been.

Essentially, after making the playoffs their last season as the "Edmonton Eskimos," they've been terrible since the rebrand to the Elks. To-date, 9-34 since becoming the Elks. Won their penultimate home game, then lost their final home game as the Eskimos, then had lost EVERY home game as the Elks until Sunday.

Hell of a run they had.
Retro Rider

Post by Retro Rider »

The Edmonton Rugby Foot-ball Club, known as the Eskimos in 1920 & 1921, changed their name to Elks in 1922. They switched back to Eskimos in 1923. This was posted at riderfans.com after Edmonton's win on Sunday:

Last home win by the Edmonton Elks was November 11, 1922. The Edmonton Elks defeated the Winnipeg Victorias 19-6 at Diamond Park in Edmonton to advance to the Dominion Championship.

Last home win in a regular season game was October 25, 1922. Edmonton Elks defeated Edmonton Harlequins 24-0.

https://www.riderfans.com/forum/forum/m ... ost1021273

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonto ... -ball_Club
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

I was watching some late night Sports Center when I was in Pittsburgh for the convention and I was surprised to see that they gave the Elks record setting home loss full coverage with a highlight package. It’s nice to see our league get coverage in the US, no matter what the reason.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Something I like by the name change is that they can still use their EE logo on their helmets.