Worst...call...ever

luckyshow

Re: Worst...call...ever

Post by luckyshow »

Winning TD to someone who had a concussion and wasn't really put through the procedure, no matter what they fluff they said afterwards. Typical Patriots. Didn't any say how they were lucky at end since they seemed to have given up, letting the clock run down, looking like sad puppies on the bench...
Jeremy Crowhurst

Post by Jeremy Crowhurst »

luckyshow wrote:Winning TD to someone who had a concussion and wasn't really put through the procedure, no matter what they fluff they said afterwards. Typical Patriots. Didn't any say how they were lucky at end since they seemed to have given up, letting the clock run down, looking like sad puppies on the bench...
That's going to be the takeaway from this season... those unlucky 2014 Seahawks, the team that couldn't catch a break! :D
luckyshow

Post by luckyshow »

As to "curse of the Bambino": Rarely pointed out is how the Red Sox also gave the Yankees half their pitching staff for the 1920s.: Hall of Famer Waite Hoyt (Yankee 1921 to 1929) and Hall of Famer Herb Pennock (NY AL 1923-1933). Also Carl Mays (1919 to 1923 a Yankee. 27 wins in 1921, 2 in the Series) In 1924, two of them won 39 games. 36 in 1926. Just two of them won 46 in 1921.

By the way, Carl Mays is the only pitcher to kill a batter in a game, using a quick pitch. This was sort of like a quick snap. The pitcher could pitch the ball any time the batter was in the batters box and there wasn't a timeout called. The batter wasn't looking and the pitch was wild into his head.They didn't wear helmets at that time.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

Byron wrote:
rhickok1109 wrote:Interesting ... Lynch was given five chances to score from the 1-yard line this year and he only succeeded once, according to the WaPo.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... yard-line/
During the Super Bowl, Lynch was 1-for-3 on short yardage conversions.

1Q 10:14, 3rd and 2 at SEA 24, 0-0 = Marshawn Lynch up the middle for no gain

2Q 2:22, 3rd and 2 at NE 3, 7-7 = Marshawn Lynch right tackle for three yards, touchdown

3Q 11:51, 3rd and 1 at NE 8, 14-14 = Marshawn Lynch left tackle for no gain
By that math, if Lynch gets the ball three times at the one, he scores on one of them and the Seahawks win. He could have gotten three carries if the Seahawks had hurried after first down rather than running clock.
Veeshik_ya

Post by Veeshik_ya »

Suffice it to say, unless you're a diehard, unabashed Patriots fan, nobody likes to see a game end like this. Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Yeah, an obscure, hard-working, well-coached young man makes an incredible play in the game of his life. What a travesty.

(And no, I'm not a Patriots fan.)
Veeshik_ya

Post by Veeshik_ya »

Citizen wrote:Yeah, an obscure, hard-working, well-coached young man makes an incredible play in the game of his life. What a travesty.

I agree with the last part.
Jeremy Crowhurst

Veeshik_ya wrote:
Citizen wrote:Yeah, an obscure, hard-working, well-coached young man makes an incredible play in the game of his life. What a travesty.

So you want to see a team win a Super Bowl not because they earned it, but because of an unbelievably lucky, once-every-fifteen-years (Antonio Freeman in 2000 was the last time I can remember somebody having the ball fall on him while lying on his ass) reception. But you aren't okay with a team losing a Super Bowl because of a poorly chosen, poorly executed play that was defended incredibly well?
Veeshik_ya

Post by Veeshik_ya »

Jeremy Crowhurst wrote:
Veeshik_ya wrote:

So you want to see a team win a Super Bowl not because they earned it, but because of an unbelievably lucky, once-every-fifteen-years (Antonio Freeman in 2000 was the last time I can remember somebody having the ball fall on him while lying on his ass) reception. But you aren't okay with a team losing a Super Bowl because of a poorly chosen, poorly executed play that was defended incredibly well?
If you edit your comment/question for clarity, I will respond.
Jeremy Crowhurst

Veeshik_ya wrote:
Jeremy Crowhurst wrote:So you want to see a team win a Super Bowl not because they earned it, but because of an unbelievably lucky, once-every-fifteen-years (Antonio Freeman in 2000 was the last time I can remember somebody having the ball fall on him while lying on his ass) reception. But you aren't okay with a team losing a Super Bowl because of a poorly chosen, poorly executed play that was defended incredibly well?
If you edit your comment/question for clarity, I will respond.
I think you already did.