Hidden Game of Pro Football

NWebster

Hidden Game of Pro Football

Post by NWebster »

I recall from about a year ago that there was to be a new version of this book coming out. If I go and look on Amazon I can see it, but is there a way to determine if this is just a reprint of the old book or if it actually has new content? Anyone have information on it?
JohnTurney

Re: Hidden Game of Pro Football

Post by JohnTurney »

the original is green

the next one is called "Next Edition"

the newest has a subtitle "The Hidden Game of Football: A Revolutionary Approach to the Game and Its Statistics"

The newest one I have not seen, have not seen it in bookstore, not going to buy unless it
has stuff that updates the old . ..
JWL

Post by JWL »

The new edition is a reprint of the original with a new foreword and preface. For me this is great because the used copy I bought a decade ago had yellowing pages and bothered me. I had to get rid of it. I cannot deal with old, musty books for too long.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

JWL wrote:....I cannot deal with old, musty books for too long.
:cry: :shock: :o
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

JWL wrote:The new edition is a reprint of the original with a new foreword and preface. For me this is great because the used copy I bought a decade ago had yellowing pages and bothered me. I had to get rid of it. I cannot deal with old, musty books for too long.

Revoke this man's PFRA Membership!!!!!
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Does anyone know if it has come out yet. If it's just a new intro I might still buy it as my old one literally has sections falling from the binding, but I'd be most interested if they updated specific see sections like "Rumblings in Pantheon"
JWL

Post by JWL »

Bryan wrote:
JWL wrote:The new edition is a reprint of the original with a new foreword and preface. For me this is great because the used copy I bought a decade ago had yellowing pages and bothered me. I had to get rid of it. I cannot deal with old, musty books for too long.

Revoke this man's PFRA Membership!!!!!
:lol:

I do have some really old books and magazines but I have them in a container.
JWL

Post by JWL »

NWebster wrote:Does anyone know if it has come out yet. If it's just a new intro I might still buy it as my old one literally has sections falling from the binding, but I'd be most interested if they updated specific see sections like "Rumblings in Pantheon"
The new book is a straight reprint aside from the foreword and preface being new. I purchased my copy in March through Amazon. I have since seen a copy in my local Barnes & Noble.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Certainly one of the most important books on the game I've ever read. Revolutionized the way I thought about the game and about traditional statistics.