Adrian Peterson in 2021 ?

Brian wolf

Adrian Peterson in 2021 ?

Post by Brian wolf »

Midway through August and no team has signed Adrian Peterson yet, along with Frank Gore. Will Peterson get another chance ?
I believe he should after running for over 600 yards and seven TDs with Detroit last season at the age of 35. Would Detroit, Atlanta, Dallas, NY-both teams- Philly, Buffalo, Mia, Oak, NE, Houston possibly sign him ?

Yes, he is older but still has the most 50 yrd TD runs with 16, 60 yrd TD runs with 15, tied with Chris Johnson for the most 70 yrd TD runs with 7 and tied with OJ Simpson for most 200 yrd rushing games with 6. Not bad for a basically, one dimensional RB that never was a great blocker or pass receiver ... I am selfish and believe he still has gas in the tank. Even if he didnt play much, he could still keep a starter on their toes to produce ...
conace21

Re: Adrian Peterson in 2021 ?

Post by conace21 »

Buffalo wouldn't have a need for him. The Bills have two rotating backs in Devin Singletary and Zach Moss. They also have seemingly committed to a pass-first mentality. Bringing in Peterson would signal to the defense that a running play was in the works. (They had this same issue with Frank Gore in 2019.)

I remember the Thanksgiving game with Houston this past year. The Lions came out of halftime running the ball. Peterson ran the ball on the first five plays of the half, getting three first downs. Detroit ran the ball on the first 10-11 plays. They got into FG range, began to pass the ball, and had to settle for a FG.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

From reports I have read, it doesnt look like Larry Fitzgerald will be back, at least with Arizona. Maybe he could sign on with another contending team but it doesnt sound like his heart and body are into it. If he retires, will be an interesting class of 2026, especially with possibly, Brees, Witten, Rivers, Peterson, and Gore being eligible ... Whew !
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

With Dobbins going down for Baltimore, maybe AP can get another chance with a contender ? Harbaugh just loves winning those preseason games but he could also sign Gurley or Gore but does Gore have anything left ?
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

Brian wolf wrote:With Dobbins going down for Baltimore, maybe AP can get another chance with a contender ? Harbaugh just loves winning those preseason games but he could also sign Gurley or Gore but does Gore have anything left ?
Because injuries are almost a guarantee, I figured All Day would come up in the conversation at some point this season. In my opinion, Gurley doesn't seem to have the same drive as Gore and Peterson to want to continue to play, especially because the latter two runners have a legacy to extend compared to Gurley. Unlike Gore, Peterson has less wear-and-tear. Gore has approximately 500 more attempts and 200 more receptions than Peterson while achieving a shorter yards-per-attempt than Peterson. Gore is two years older than Peterson. I'm biased, for sure, but I think Peterson has more left in the tank. Peterson had a better yards-per-attempt than Gurley in the two most recent seasons. AP needs to be on a team. I keep hoping the Vikings would pick him up, but they picked up Ito Smith, instead, probably for pass receiving.
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Hard to believe the Ravens chose Bell over signing Peterson. He is younger but hasnt wanted to play much football over the last three seasons. Maybe the Ravens can get him to run hard again but we will see. Peterson will probably be looked at after first week injuries ...
RyanChristiansen

This just in:

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens fear they lost running back Gus Edwards and cornerback Marcus Peters to season-ending knee injuries Thursday, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

RyanChristiansen wrote:This just in:

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens fear they lost running back Gus Edwards and cornerback Marcus Peters to season-ending knee injuries Thursday, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
They have just signed former Raiders, Vikings and Saints RB Latavius Murray.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Still no calls for Adrian Peterson. SF might have won last night with a better running game. The Rams like the Lions are still relying too much on Stafford's arm. The Dolphins and Jets still need better running as well. Who will make the call ?
RyanChristiansen

Brian wolf wrote:Still no calls for Adrian Peterson. SF might have won last night with a better running game. The Rams like the Lions are still relying too much on Stafford's arm. The Dolphins and Jets still need better running as well. Who will make the call ?
I think it depends on what kind of blocking scheme the team uses, whether a team might want Peterson. My understanding is that he's a straight-ahead runner who depends on big men to open a hole. He's not a runner who is going to find an open hole in a zone blocking scheme with a bunch of light, agile linemen all moving in one direction.