Game books update

Re: Game books update

Postby Ken Crippen » Fri May 21, 2021 3:56 pm

I do not have that gamebook in Rupert's stuff, but I know that Craig is working directly with teams to get more gamebooks. Maybe he can chime in here.
User avatar
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:10 am
Location: Here

Re: Game books update

Postby CraigRye » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:33 pm

Ken Crippen wrote:I do not have that gamebook in Rupert's stuff, but I know that Craig is working directly with teams to get more gamebooks. Maybe he can chime in here.


Hi Ken, not to sure which game book you are referring to. Although my attempts to get more gamebooks has not been too successful, especially with the Dolphins, my emails appear to be going into a Black Hole.

As for the others I have been waiting to see what the updated list looks like to be able to see which gamebooks we are still missing.
CraigRye
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:16 pm
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Re: Game books update

Postby Ronfitch » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:34 pm

CraigRye wrote:
Ken Crippen wrote:I do not have that gamebook in Rupert's stuff, but I know that Craig is working directly with teams to get more gamebooks. Maybe he can chime in here.


Hi Ken, not to sure which game book you are referring to. Although my attempts to get more gamebooks has not been too successful, especially with the Dolphins, my emails appear to be going into a Black Hole.

As for the others I have been waiting to see what the updated list looks like to be able to see which gamebooks we are still missing.


I believe Ken was referring to the gamebook for the game Cliff mentioned in his column, the 1965 NFL Championship game in which he noted the work of the PRFA in archiving gamebooks - it is the last question-and-answer of the column (if I am speaking out of turn, Ken, please correct me).
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
User avatar
Ronfitch
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 am
Location: Twin Cities, MN

Re: Game books update

Postby CraigRye » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:36 am

I believe Ken was referring to the gamebook for the game Cliff mentioned in his column, the 1965 NFL Championship game in which he noted the work of the PRFA in archiving gamebooks - it is the last question-and-answer of the column (if I am speaking out of turn, Ken, please correct me).[/quote]

I see :-) Yes I do have a copy of the 1965 NFL Championship game, it is a recreated one from the play by play published in the Green Bay Press-Gazette dated 03-Jan-1966. if anyone wants a copy just message me. I'm sure it will be included in the next update to the Gamebook part of the members only section.
CraigRye
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:16 pm
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Re: Game books update

Postby Ronfitch » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:01 pm

CraigRye wrote:I believe Ken was referring to the gamebook for the game Cliff mentioned in his column, the 1965 NFL Championship game in which he noted the work of the PRFA in archiving gamebooks - it is the last question-and-answer of the column (if I am speaking out of turn, Ken, please correct me).


I see :-) Yes I do have a copy of the 1965 NFL Championship game, it is a recreated one from the play by play published in the Green Bay Press-Gazette dated 03-Jan-1966. if anyone wants a copy just message me. I'm sure it will be included in the next update to the Gamebook part of the members only section.[/quote]

Again, we need a "Like" feature for this forum.

Thanks, Craig.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
User avatar
Ronfitch
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 am
Location: Twin Cities, MN

Re: Game books update

Postby TodMaher » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:32 pm

CraigRye wrote:
Ken Crippen wrote:I do not have that gamebook in Rupert's stuff, but I know that Craig is working directly with teams to get more gamebooks. Maybe he can chime in here.


Although my attempts to get more gamebooks has not been too successful, especially with the Dolphins, my emails appear to be going into a Black Hole.


I'm pretty sure all the PR departments are still working remotely - thus, zero physical access to the gamebooks. Aren't all the Dolphins gamebooks already online?
TodMaher
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: Game books update

Postby lietzaro24 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:34 pm

A complete history of the Dolphins with all media guides and game books is available here...
https://media.miamidolphins.com/team-history/

New England
https://patriots.1rmg.com/seasons/

Denver
https://media.denverbroncos.com/atgf/

There is an unofficial Bucs site with every game book available as well
https://www.bucpower.com/newseason.htm
lietzaro24
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:14 am

Re: Game books update

Postby CraigRye » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:57 am

lietzaro24 wrote:A complete history of the Dolphins with all media guides and game books is available here...
https://media.miamidolphins.com/team-history/

New England
https://patriots.1rmg.com/seasons/

Denver
https://media.denverbroncos.com/atgf/

There is an unofficial Bucs site with every game book available as well
https://www.bucpower.com/newseason.htm


Thanks for those, I did pick up a couple of Denver ones that were missing, although some of their links are down. If anyone knows of other team sites that have gamebooks on could you post on here. that would be much appreciated.

And yes the Dolphins do have all their gamebooks on the site but a number of them are poor quality. I have just had an email and they are looking at re-scanning a list I sent them.

Cheers
Craig
CraigRye
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:16 pm
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Re: Game books update

Postby TodMaher » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:03 am

CraigRye wrote:
lietzaro24 wrote:
And yes the Dolphins do have all their gamebooks on the site but a number of them are poor quality. I have just had an email and they are looking at re-scanning a list I sent them.

Cheers
Craig

I wish the Jets would rescan their gamebooks - many of them look like blank sheets!
TodMaher
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: Game books update

Postby UKResearch » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:42 am

Oszuscik wrote:Just an update on the gamebooks search: I have received from the Packers every gamebook they have from the 1960's. They were only missing 5 gamebooks from 1960 and 1 gamebook from 1966, so overall not bad, as those are now the only gamebooks we're missing from 1960 to present.

I've also received from Washington all of the remaining gamebooks we were missing from their 1982 championship season. Additionally, I've made contact with the Cardinals, Cowboys, Colts, Vikings, and Bears. The Cowboys seem to guard their archived content closely, but the Cardinals and Colts seem willing to help once covid restrictions are lifted and they're able to fully access their facilities.

Has anyone else been making contact with teams to ask about their archives?

This is fantastic news about the Packers Gamebooks. Thank you for your hard work in chasing these down. Will they be posted to the Gamebooks section of this site? Thank you so much.
UKResearch
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests