PFRA Membership Status

Syeroy

PFRA Membership Status

Post by Syeroy »

As we are approaching the end of the year, and the end of the football season, I wanted to post the current membership numbers as of the end of November.

* The PFRA membership stands at 410 active members, of which 287 are paid members and 123 are complimentary members
- complimentary members are to the NFL teams, Hall of Fame, NFL Offices, Educational organizations and PFRA founders

* Member are in 9 countries and 36 of 50 states

You can view a membership map by clicking on this link http://www.independentfootball.site90.c ... %20Map.jpg

For those of you whose membership will expire at the end of the year, you will be receiving an email reminder, which outlines the organization and our membership benefits.

http://www.independentfootball.site90.c ... ership.pdf

There are 3 ways to renew - yearly membership renewal rate remains at $35 (US), $40 (Canada) and $50 (International)
* send a check to PFRA
* renew on website via credit card
* renew on website via PayPal

You can also do a gift membership by noting on the renewal that the membership is for a certain person and including their address.

With our new website, there have been technical issues with various screens or links or functions not working correctly. We have been working with the webmaster and feel we have addressed all the issues that we have been made aware of. If anyone still has technical issues, or website suggestions, please email me and I can consolidate and send to the webmaster.

Roy Sye - Vice President
Professional Football Researchers Association
Roy_Sye@profootballresearchers.org
http://www.profootballresearchers.org
oldecapecod11

Re: PFRA Membership Status

Post by oldecapecod11 »

As one who has made many posts and written to a number of the bored members, this is certainly welcome news.
No doubt, it will be a help to some but it does not help those still struggling to access the web site.
There is at least one member who wrote to leadership and was promised help and then ignored for two weeks before he finally got help elswwhere.
Now... a suggestion: Why not contact Ken and ask him to help you "pin" this thread (as he did in the old forum)
so that this exciting news does not fade from the front page?
After all, he did run the entire former site all by himself and did a masterful job.
The alternative, of course, is to give it a periodic "bump" but, during a busy couple of days, it might still fade fast.
I will try to help in that regard but these weary old eyes miss a lot...
Again: Kudos!
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

oldecapecod 11 wrote: Now... a suggestion: Why not contact Ken and ask him to help you "pin" this thread (as he did in the old forum)
I took a look through the moderation options for threads and "pinning a thread" does not appear to be one of the options on this board.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Ken Crippen » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:12 am
"I took a look through the moderation options for threads and "pinning a thread" does not appear to be one of the options on this board."

Good Golly!!! Another deficiency? Wow!!!
It just adds to the wonderment of how - with so very many negatives - a presentation could ever be made
on behalf of this operation.
Worse... based on such a deficient proposition, how could anyone vote in favor of something so negative.
It surely helps to explain why such data is withheld from the Membership.
By the way, some say that another moderation option can be inserted with no difficulty?

Then, we would only have to sing the last line:
Let us mod-i-fy
our moderation options
and our moderation options will be right
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Syeroy wrote:287 are paid members
Roy,

Do you have the data/numbers going back historically, how many paid members we've had year by year? Would be interesting to see the growth (or decline) over the years.

- Matt
Syeroy

Post by Syeroy »

Matt -

Yes, I do have that information, as I have been taking a monthly snapshot of the membership list since about mid-2011. On the old forum, I would periodically post membership "figures", as well as a map as to where members are.

I won't be able to post the actual numbers until sometime tomorrow, as I am heading downtown Chicago to see my son play in a squash tournament.

A few points should be noted:

- historically, there was a large percentage of "comp" members. Thru the efforts of Andy, Ken, Tod, Mark and Chris, we have whittled down that list to a more manageable number, of which we review quarterly to see who should be added or dropped. The majority of the "comps" and NFL teams or league offices, and the contacts seem to change on a regular basis. Andy keeps abreast of these changes and we update the membership list accordingly, so that we don't send Coffin Corner to people who are no longer representing the team, thus may get tossed in the garbage.

- the numbers I will post are "raw" numbers, meaning combined "paid" and "comp", I only started separating them in mid-2013

- there will be a monthly fluctuation, as well as a big fluctuation from December to January, as "many" of the membership expire, then get renewed in January thru March

Roy
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Thanks Roy.

Yes, I remember the posts on the old forums, always looked at the map.

Good luck to your son in the squash tourney.
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

Ken Crippen wrote:
oldecapecod 11 wrote: Now... a suggestion: Why not contact Ken and ask him to help you "pin" this thread (as he did in the old forum)
I took a look through the moderation options for threads and "pinning a thread" does not appear to be one of the options on this board.
PHP uses the term sticky not pin. Also, you have to have Full Permission not Standard Permission to do it.

Also, could you make all posts public?
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

TodMaher wrote:
Ken Crippen wrote:
PHP uses the term sticky not pin. Also, you have to have Full Permission not Standard Permission to do it.

Also, could you make all posts public?
I don't have permission to do any of that.