1945 Chicago Bear - who wore #67?

TodMaher

Re: 1945 Chicago Bear - who wore #67?

Post by TodMaher »

Oh and one thing that bugs me about 1945 - despite what the NFL and Pro Football Reference say - O'Neal/O'Neale Adams did N OT play for the Giants in 1945. Al those games credited to him were played by Verlin Adams. O'Neal/O'Neale was busy playing for the Second Air Force team in 1945.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Byron wrote:I've seen Fordham listed as a Linebacker but I think he played DB in this game. Not sure about Famiglietti. I plan to go back and recheck.
So far as I know, Famiglietti was always a linebacker on defense, at BU and with the Bears.
Byron

Post by Byron »

TodMaher wrote:Oh and one thing that bugs me about 1945 - despite what the NFL and Pro Football Reference say - O'Neal/O'Neale Adams did N OT play for the Giants in 1945. Al those games credited to him were played by Verlin Adams. O'Neal/O'Neale was busy playing for the Second Air Force team in 1945.
Yes, I believe he is listed correctly at PF Archives!
So far as I know, Famiglietti was always a linebacker on defense, at BU and with the Bears.
From what I can see in this game, Fordham played LB but he dropped into the defensive "center field" quite a lot in this game, hence my thinking he was playing Safety. I didn't see much of Famiglietti.