new uniforms for 2018

zachary stephen

Re: new uniforms for 2018

Post by zachary stephen »

Teo wrote:
Mark L. Ford wrote:
sluggermatt15 wrote:
I liked the Broncos orange color rush uniform. It is one of my favorites of the Color Rush. I think if they go to an alternate, why not go back to the yellow and brown?
With the vertically striped mustard and brown socks, why not? Few things strike fear into an opponent than more than to face a lineman filled with rage over having to wear vertically striped socks.
Something that many don't remember is that in 2009 when they brought back those unis, they also had two jerseys with the vertical-striped brown socks to match (the yellow and the white).
Anyone with the slightest concern for history should hope that Denver always keep the striped socks uniforms as a throwback -
if only an optional throwback.
The striped socks have a significant place in AFL history. The Broncos wore the brown and white version in the first-ever AFL game and the only AFL game played that evening when they beat the Patriots at Boston.
Thus began the genesis that changed and improved professional football for the next two decades.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I see the Bengals ditched those hideous rounded numbers and went back to more traditional block numbers.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

ChrisBabcock wrote:I see the Bengals ditched those hideous rounded numbers and went back to more traditional block numbers.
I only saw them in one highlight today. Looks good from what little I saw.

I was kind of hoping Browns would keep the stripes on their helmets off. I really like that look (air holes over top of some helmets give it even more character). But putting stripes back on for tradition-sake understandable. I think their current unis as a whole (today's TIE game) look real good.

As I said before on this site, I'd really like to see a team (perhaps the next, new expansion) to have the guts to simply have numbers on each side of helmet (with or without stripe over top) like Crimson Tide.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

As I said before on this site, I'd really like to see a team (perhaps the next, new expansion) to have the guts to simply have numbers on each side of helmet (with or without stripe over top) like Crimson Tide.
It would have been cool to see the Chargers do that with their last uniform redesign they did about 10-15 years ago.
JWL

Post by JWL »

ChrisBabcock wrote:I see the Bengals ditched those hideous rounded numbers and went back to more traditional block numbers.
Those were their color rush jerseys. I wonder why they wore them today.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JWL wrote:
Those were their color rush jerseys. I wonder why they wore them today.
Yup, when I woke up and flipped on the pregame shows the first shot of anything I saw was a look at Dalton walking the field in pregame and I wondered the same, "why are they wearing their color rush jerseys?"
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

ChrisBabcock wrote:It would have been cool to see the Chargers do that with their last uniform redesign they did about 10-15 years ago.
Exactly! I used to say the same all the time on the old forum when we had more uni fans. The Chargers should have the # with the bolt above it.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Reaser wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:It would have been cool to see the Chargers do that with their last uniform redesign they did about 10-15 years ago.
Exactly! I used to say the same all the time on the old forum when we had more uni fans. The Chargers should have the # with the bolt above it.
I'm here any time you want to talk unis! I'm dreading what Nike is going to dream up for the Jets next year.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JohnH19 wrote:I'm here any time you want to talk unis! I'm dreading what Nike is going to dream up for the Jets next year.
I know you like to talk unis, John. :)