Inane trivia for 2018

Rupert Patrick

Re: Inane trivia for 2018

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Mark L. Ford wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:
Yes, Ron Mix is one of them. The venerable George Blanda is another.
Blanda was one one I couldn’t come up with even though he was my answer to yesterday’s question! :oops: Dungy was the the guy that immediately came to mind. Then I realized the other 4 had to be AFL players. I came up with 3 but missed Blanda. So here are the 5...

Dungy
Alworth
Maynard
Mix
Blanda
That's the answer-- the technicality, of course, is that the last four were selected many times for the AFL All-Star Game, but that the Pro Bowl was the name strictly for the NFL. None of them were selected after the merger when it became an AFC-NFC thing.
I guess I get a swig of Chris's beer.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I guess you get exactly 1/5th of my beer. :)
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Post by Mark L. Ford »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
I guess you get exactly 1/5th of my beer. :)
I'll get a six-pack of Genesee and let you guys sort it out.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

A very easy one:

Name the two players who were part of both the first Super Bowl teams for both the Eagles and Patriots in the 80s.

Bonus question:

Name the other drafted player (from the Eagles or Patriots) who played in an 80s Super Bowl with the other of those teams.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Teo wrote:A very easy one:

Name the two players who were part of both the first Super Bowl teams for both the Eagles and Patriots in the 80s.

Bonus question:

Name the other drafted player (from the Eagles or Patriots) who played in an 80s Super Bowl with the other of those teams.
For the first part, Tony Franklin was one of them.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
superbowlfanatic

Post by superbowlfanatic »

and Franklin scored 4 pts. in each game (FG & XP) for both different teams and both games were played in the same stadium, and he lost both games, one for each conference!
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
Teo wrote:A very easy one:

Bonus question:

For the first part, Tony Franklin was one of them.
Guy Morriss would be the other one.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

This league title game featured both teams having offensive linemen who caught deflected passes...one reception was for negative 6 yards, the other reception was for negative 9 yards. Name the game.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Bryan wrote:This league title game featured both teams having offensive linemen who caught deflected passes...one reception was for negative 6 yards, the other reception was for negative 9 yards. Name the game.
That was the legendary '62 AFL title game. Al Jamison for the Oilers, Sonny Bishop for the Texans.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Todd Pence wrote:
Bryan wrote:This league title game featured both teams having offensive linemen who caught deflected passes...one reception was for negative 6 yards, the other reception was for negative 9 yards. Name the game.
That was the legendary '62 AFL title game. Al Jamison for the Oilers, Sonny Bishop for the Texans.

Correct!