Did anyone else get an email from pfra.review@yahoo.com?

TanksAndSpartans

Re: Did anyone else get an email from pfra.review@yahoo.com?

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:I don't like that he had my email - to me that implies he must have access to PFRA member information.
I just took a look at my profile and under "Users can contact me by e-mail", I checked yes, so maybe that's how he got everyone's email or at least those he wanted to target.
Throwin_Samoan

Post by Throwin_Samoan »

I got it, too.

I didn't know we had a cabal.

I thought we were an autonomous collective.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

It turned up in my spam folder and I read it out of curiosity.

I had to laugh at the part about racism and the suggestion that we should have a version of the "Rooney Rule." I don't remember having to be interviewed in order to become a member and I'm pretty sure that nobody knows what color a potential member is when the membership application comes in with the payment of dues :D
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

rhickok1109 wrote:It turned up in my spam folder and I read it out of curiosity.

I had to laugh at the part about racism and the suggestion that we should have a version of the "Rooney Rule." I don't remember having to be interviewed in order to become a member and I'm pretty sure that nobody knows what color a potential member is when the membership application comes in with the payment of dues :D
At the meeting in Green Bay last year, we also had - egads - a female pro football historian. She was from New Orleans and was working on a book about the 1965 AFL All Star Game brouhaha.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
LJP

Post by LJP »

Well, that's me subscribed :D

Been meaning to do it for a long long time.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

It did serve as a good reminder that I have neglected to pay my dues ....
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

JeffreyMiller wrote:It did serve as a good reminder that I have neglected to pay my dues ....
My thought exactly, total backfire, that was a way more effective note than any friendly reminder.

And someone needs something better to do with their time, that thing was War and Peace.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

I also paid my dues that were due by end of year

I think it was a brilliant ploy by our current leadership to use reverse psychology to get people to pay their dues. Secretly send an email in the vitriolic style of a former poster saying what a crap organization the PFRA is and then in a sense of pride and team we all pay our dues.

Dilly, dilly.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:
TanksAndSpartans wrote:I don't like that he had my email - to me that implies he must have access to PFRA member information.
I just took a look at my profile and under "Users can contact me by e-mail", I checked yes, so maybe that's how he got everyone's email or at least those he wanted to target.
A year ago an e-mail was sent out that accidentally showed all members' e-mail addresses. I imagine it was saved.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

:D
JohnTurney wrote:I also paid my dues that were due by end of year

I think it was a brilliant ploy by our current leadership to use reverse psychology to get people to pay their dues. Secretly send an email in the vitriolic style of a former poster saying what a crap organization the PFRA is and then in a sense of pride and team we all pay our dues.

Dilly, dilly.