Who would you nominate for the Hall of Shame?

7DnBrnc53

Re: Who would you nominate for the Hall of Shame?

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Randy Woodfield? Ok, so you probably wouldn't expect much from a 17th round draft pick, but he didn't make the Packers and subsequently went on to do other things.
What a crazy decade for the Packers. They not only had a serial killer in camp at one point, they also had Mr. T in camp around that same time (within a year or two).

Also, Joe Paterno was being considered for the Packer HC job in 1971 (although, in a 1971 issue of the Pittsburgh Press, I read this article from a columnist who wrote how Paterno asked for a high salary because he really didn't want to leave Happy Valley). If he got the job, and if he brought a certain someone with him, who knows what could have happened.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Randy Woodfield? Ok, so you probably wouldn't expect much from a 17th round draft pick, but he didn't make the Packers and subsequently went on to do other things.
What a crazy decade for the Packers. They not only had a serial killer in camp at one point, they also had Mr. T in camp around that same time (within a year or two).

Also, Joe Paterno was being considered for the Packer HC job in 1971 (although, in a 1971 issue of the Pittsburgh Press, I read this article from a columnist who wrote how Paterno asked for a high salary because he really didn't want to leave Happy Valley). If he got the job, and if he brought a certain someone with him, who knows what could have happened.
I think the next year Paterno almost took the New England Patriot HC and GM job, but finally backed out. It went to Chuck Fairbanks, who left Oklahoma. In the early 70's, there was a fad in the NFL of hiring college coaches.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

sluggermatt15 wrote:Santonio Holmes. Trouble off the field with staying out of trouble led to his demise. After Holmes left Pittsburgh, his career went down the drain.
He was great for us in 2010. Scored a couple of huge TD's for us in the regular season and playoffs. It completely fell apart for him after that though.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Would Mark Chmura qualify for this list?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

JeffreyMiller wrote:Would Mark Chmura qualify for this list?
He'd certainly make the Hypocrisy Hall of Fame.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

BD Sullivan wrote:
JeffreyMiller wrote:Would Mark Chmura qualify for this list?
He'd certainly make the Hypocrisy Hall of Fame.
He was acquitted, you know, and it seems very likely that his accuser was lying.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

I seem to recall that he also admitted his behavior was inappropriate. What that meant was vague. Question rescinded.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

JeffreyMiller wrote:I seem to recall that he also admitted his behavior was inappropriate. What that meant was vague. Question rescinded.
"I've disappointed many, many people and for that I'm truly sorry."

The foreman of the jury that acquitted him:

"He put himself in a bad situation by being drunk with kids and in a hot tub in his underwear.

A female juror:

"We all believe something happened in there, but we had no evidence to prove it."
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Whether or not Chmura's accuser was lying (and I generally give accusers the benefit of the doubt in rape cases), she was a terrible witness. She talked repeatedly on the stand about how much she disliked Chmura, which gave jurors the impression, true or not, that she was out to get him.

He was acquitted, but his name was mud for many years -- which by his own admission, he had coming after the way he behaved and in the wake of the high-handed moral posture he'd assumed up until then.