Miller Farr for HOVG

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
JohnTurney

Miller Farr for HOVG

Post by JohnTurney »

I would like to nominate Miller Farr and also see what others think

3 All-Pros, 3 Pro Bowl, (kind of light on PBs)

But was likely near that level in 1970--played for a lot of teams

to me, seems like a good choice.

Also, along same line, Monte Jackson or Rams and Raiders.

Kind of the same, though bigger drop off when he left the team he was an All-Pro with,
bachslunch

Re: Miller Farr for HOVG

Post by bachslunch »

If memory serves, I read something about Farr's level of play back then which said he was the best CB in the league, that he had given up only one TD on a pass play all season. Wouldn't surprise me if he looks excellent in film study during that time. Not sure how he was before and after that.

I have Farr as (2/3/allAFL), since the third 1st team all pro selection (1969) came only via Sporting News which was so broadly inclusive back then that it amounted to all-conference -- as a result, I don't count SN until the late 70s at the earliest. He looks to have been unanimous 2nd team that season, if PFR is correct.

If I had a HOVG vote, would likely wait until Abe Woodson, Dave Grayson, and maybe Cornell Green get in. But he seems qualified given what I know, and would vote yes when the time is right.
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Re: Miller Farr for HOVG

Post by Ken Crippen »

bachslunch wrote:If I had a HOVG vote, would likely wait until Abe Woodson, Dave Grayson, and maybe Cornell Green get in. But he seems qualified given what I know, and would vote yes when the time is right.
I thought you were already a member of the PFRA? If not, join and you will have a vote.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast