1945 Cleveland Rams

James

1945 Cleveland Rams

Post by James »

Very nice article on the 1945 Cleveland Rams by Coach Troup. Anything he writes is incredible and worth reading, in my opinion.

http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/
Axes Grind and Maces Clash!
BD Sullivan

Re: 1945 Cleveland Rams

Post by BD Sullivan »

James wrote:Very nice article on the 1945 Cleveland Rams by Coach Troup. Anything he writes is incredible and worth reading, in my opinion.

Coach didn't mention the Nov. 11 game at League Park where the temporary bleachers collapsed during the Rams-Packers game
Attachments
Collapse.jpg
Collapse.jpg (150.09 KiB) Viewed 11859 times
jeckle_and_heckle

Post by jeckle_and_heckle »

James wrote:Very nice article on the 1945 Cleveland Rams by Coach Troup. Anything he writes is incredible and worth reading, in my opinion.

Someone mentioned Denis Crawford (and his book on the Tampa Bay Bucs) earlier as one of the many who used to post here.
Denis is, indeed, missed. It is odd that in the 103 references to articles about Hugh Culverhouse, Denis' work is not listed.

This is not so with many of the writings of T.J. Troup and it is good to see mention of his continued efforts elsewhere. Unfortunately, the link includes a lot of meaningless spam-style stuff.

T.J. - or Terence, as you may know him - defines in a few sentences what some need pages of charts and graphs to try to explain.
And, he does not need to highlight such non-football stuff as bleacher incidents or the steamy marriage of a quarterback
which included an incident that would be trash headline talk today.

Coach Troup knows football and he is one of the most sorely missed contributors here.
There are others (and you can thumb through some of the more meaningful threads to see them) but tjtroup often said it best.
Godspeed, Coach, wherever you are.
"ROGER THAT"
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

The 1945 Rams are one of the more interesting teams in pro football history. I'm glad Coach decided to go through the film and put that together. I've only seen 3 of their games so the article filled in some blanks and in typical Coach Troup fashion included the usual excellent info on the things that interest me most: the coaches, schemes, what players responsibilities were and how they performed ON THE FIELD.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Excellent article by the Coach!! Especially excited when I see a mention of Don Greenwood, a personal favorite of mine. The Rams have a great history, and Coach shined a bright light on a very interesting period of their existence. Kudos!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Its interesting how the 45 Rams were kind of a 'one year wonder'. Very few of the 1945 players contributed to the great 1949-1951 LA Rams teams. Perhaps the move from Cleveland to LA played a role, but I don't think many of those 1945 players were still in the league by the end of the decade. Bouley, Gehrke & Lazetich still had starting roles on the 1949 team, Bouley was still around and Lazetich was a starter for the 1950 team. The only survivor from the Cleveland Rams on the 1951 title team was Bob Waterfield.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

JeffreyMiller wrote:Excellent article by the Coach!! Especially excited when I see a mention of Don Greenwood, a personal favorite of mine. The Rams have a great history, and Coach shined a bright light on a very interesting period of their existence. Kudos!
He's particularly proud of this piece. He always does great work, but he took a lot of time and study to prepare this post. He will be glad people here like it.

Also it's his B-Day today (2/21)
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Another terrific article by Coach TJ. Happy belated birthday, my friend.