More Colour

LJP

Re: More Colour

Post by LJP »

On the back of the original Harold Ely photo it notes his weight as 275lbs. Underneath in pencil it states "With football suit 297lbs".

Probably the only player to ever wear a triple digit number in a regular season game.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

LJP wrote:
jeckle_and_heckle wrote:There's no great fan of colorization in this cornfield but those are outstanding! Never seen better! Impressed!
What is most attractive is the attention to detail - the chain, the label on the meat package, and many other features.
NICE JOB! In fact - SUPER JOB!
Thanks.

Ironically, colouring Harold Ely himself took about an hour. The rest took 7+ hours.

The colorization helps with my Autism; I get to switch off completely, which is nice.
Nice. When my Dad had stroke 5 years ago, it was my escape. I was spending nights in hospital and colorizations took me away, that and computer chess. Nothing else worked. It was, and is, good therapy for me.

Here is link to ebay, these are all mine. There must be about 100 of them
jeckle_and_heckle

Post by jeckle_and_heckle »

LJP wrote:
jeckle_and_heckle wrote:There's no great fan of colorization in this cornfield but those are outstanding! Never seen better! Impressed!
What is most attractive is the attention to detail - the chain, the label on the meat package, and many other features.
NICE JOB! In fact - SUPER JOB!
Thanks.

Ironically, colouring Harold Ely himself took about an hour. The rest took 7+ hours.

The colorization helps with my Autism; I get to switch off completely, which is nice.
LJP, would you mind sharing which software you use in your colorizations? It does seem on a par better than most and I'm curious to hear about your technique.

Thanks.
"ROGER THAT"
LJP

Post by LJP »

Can't afford Photoshop so I use the free GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP - https://www.gimp.org/downloads). There are probably similar alternatives out there too.

Same process whatever the software really - add a new layer with the desired colour, add a black full transparent mask, set the mode to overlay and start deleting the mask to get the colour on the image.

PS - I also have the G'MIC plugin installed in GIMP which includes a multitude of film emulations to give a more photographic feel to the end product.
jeckle_and_heckle

Post by jeckle_and_heckle »

LJP wrote:Can't afford Photoshop so I use the free GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP - https://www.gimp.org/downloads). There are probably similar alternatives out there too.

Same process whatever the software really - add a new layer with the desired colour, add a black full transparent mask, set the mode to overlay and start deleting the mask to get the colour on the image.

PS - I also have the G'MIC plugin installed in GIMP which includes a multitude of film emulations to give a more photographic feel to the end product.
Took a quick peek. On the tutorials page, the Simple Floating Logo looks pretty interesting. Might have to tool around with that a bit.

Thanks. And good work!
"ROGER THAT"
LJP

Post by LJP »