Name the players/game trivia

ChrisBabcock

Re: Name the players/game trivia

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Not to take away from 74757879's question still on the table but this one just popped into my head...

This one may be easy, but if it's not, I have an interesting hint in my pocket that I could give...
This pair of teammates combined to score their team’s first 33 points to give their team a 33-0 third quarter lead in a game.
HINT: One player is deceased, the other is still an active NFL player.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Not to take away from 74757879's question still on the table but this one just popped into my head...

This one may be easy, but if it's not, I have an interesting hint in my pocket that I could give...
This pair of teammates combined to score their team’s first 33 points to give their team a 33-0 third quarter lead in a game.
Is Rob Bironas the deceased one?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Is Rob Bironas the deceased one?
yes
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Chris Johnson and Rob Bironas against the Rams in 2008. I had actually thought of Bironas in his 8 FG game, but that didn't fit.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

conace21 wrote:Chris Johnson and Rob Bironas against the Rams in 2008. I had actually thought of Bironas in his 8 FG game, but that didn't fit.
I was thinking it was those two once Bironas was revealed, but couldn't pinpoint the actual game. No, it wasn't an "easy" one.
Rupert Patrick wrote:
74_75_78_79_ wrote:Okay, here's another...in a MNF game on the road, Player A scored the game's first six points although his team would end up losing; losing to a team who's kicker - who has a 60+yard FG to his career credit - kicked two FGs that very game. Player B played at the same college as Player A and in Player B's rookie year both he and Player A's teams played against each other in that season's finale; but Player A was already on injured reserve. Player C also played for the same college as A & B. On a MNF game, Player C scored a TD to put his team up 14-0 (after the PAT) vs last year's defending conference champ!
List of 60 plus yard field goals:

64 Yards - Mike Prater

63 Yards - Tom Dempsey, Jason Elam, Sebastian Janikowski, David Akers

62 Yards - Matt Bryant

61 Yards - Sebastian Janikowski, Jay Feely, Justin Tucker Greg Zuerlein

60 Yards - Steve Cox, Morten Andersen, Rob Bironas, Dan Carpenter, Greg Zuerlein, Chandler Catanzaro
Okay, I'll offer hints as well; perhaps mine's too air-tight. The team that defeated Player A's team in that MNF game ended up finishing at 500 that very season. Player B's team, in his rookie season, also finished at 500. As for Player C who would score his team's 2nd TD in a MNF game to go up 14-0 (against the defending conference champs)...his team had a kicker who would also end up having a 60+yard FG to his career credit but was inactive for this very MNF game.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

This low-scoring affair had two HOF coaches facing off against each other in a "Student-Mentor" situation. The jersey numbers of the players scoring in this game were: #84, #26, #10, and #2. It was #26's single-game rushing total career best. #84 had two carries...one for 47 yards, the other for -9.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Another trivia:

This quarterback played for two teams in his NFL career. He threw his last touchdown pass of his career against his former team, at the stadium of his former team. It was his only TD pass with team B. His last TD pass for team A was to a wide receiver who also caught a TD pass in the game in question.

What was the game and who are the QB and WR?
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Another trivia:

In his only NFL regular season game, this American-born placekicker kicked two extra points, but missed all three of his field goal attempts. His team won, however. It was the 7th game of the season (in a 16-game season). The previous placekicker and the placekicker who replaced him were European-born. What was the game and who is the American-born kicker and the other two European-born kickers?
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Teo wrote:Another trivia:

In his only NFL regular season game, this American-born placekicker kicked two extra points, but missed all three of his field goal attempts. His team won, however. It was the 7th game of the season (in a 16-game season). The previous placekicker and the placekicker who replaced him were European-born. What was the game and who is the American-born kicker and the other two European-born kickers?
The game was the Saints' 14-7 win over the 49ers in 1978. The American kicker was Tom Jurich. The kicker he replaced was Richie Szaro, and the kicker who immediately succeeded him was Steve Mike-Mayer.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Chris Johnson and Rob Bironas against the Rams in 2008. I had actually thought of Bironas in his 8 FG game, but that didn't fit.
Correct. I remember watching this game on tv and having both Johnson and Bironas on my fantasy team at the time.