1991 Eagles vs Mark Rypien
1997 Jets vs Trent Dilfer
2001 Patriots vs Peyton Manning

Yes, that's correct. Good answer!
74_75_78_79_

Re: Name the players/game trivia

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Todd Pence wrote:
74_75_78_79_ wrote:As a rookie, he helped his team win their first game of the season with a 200+yard rushing performance with 2 TDs; it was vs Dallas. He would end up playing in a conference championship game before his career was over. Two years after that CC game, his teammate - who would only put up 3 yards in that very CC game - would catch a TD pass in a win, also vs Dallas.
The first player is Greg Bell, the second is Cleveland Gary.
Right! Got to do a better job making a harder question. Only mentioning the TD pass instead of Gary's other (rushing) TD that game was meant to throw things off ("maybe he was a WR") but it obviously didn't leave even a dent.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Okay, here's another...in a MNF game on the road, Player A scored the game's first six points although his team would end up losing; losing to a team who's kicker - who has a 60+yard FG to his career credit - kicked two FGs that very game. Player B played at the same college as Player A and in Player B's rookie year both he and Player A's teams played against each other in that season's finale; but Player A was already on injured reserve. Player C also played for the same college as A & B. On a MNF game, Player C scored a TD to put his team up 14-0 (after the PAT) vs last year's defending conference champ!
nicefellow31

Post by nicefellow31 »

Teo wrote:
Bryan wrote:Future Super Bowl QB throws for 3 TDs and rushes for 2 TDs in one of his first starts as a rookie. The opposing QB, a past Super Bowl QB, does not fare as well and throws 4 INTs. A future NFL head coach has a tough day, gaining 21 yards on 15 carries.
That would be a Miami-Los Angeles game at Anaheim Stadium on November 9, 1980.

-David Woodley was the rookie winning QB.
-Vince Ferragamo was the losing QB who threw 4 picks.
-Terry Robiskie, of the Dolphins was the future HC.

Thanks to PFR!
I used PFR play finder to filter down to a rookie QB who threw 3 TD and 2 TDs in a game. Without it I never would've gotten the answer.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Not to take away from 74757879's question still on the table but this one just popped into my head...

This one may be easy, but if it's not, I have an interesting hint in my pocket that I could give...
This pair of teammates combined to score their team’s first 33 points to give their team a 33-0 third quarter lead in a game.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Not to take away from 74757879's question still on the table but this one just popped into my head...

This one may be easy, but if it's not, I have an interesting hint in my pocket that I could give...
This pair of teammates combined to score their team’s first 33 points to give their team a 33-0 third quarter lead in a game.
Paul Hornung and Jim Taylor?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Paul Hornung and Jim Taylor?
Nope. Excellent guess though.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:Okay, here's another...in a MNF game on the road, Player A scored the game's first six points although his team would end up losing; losing to a team who's kicker - who has a 60+yard FG to his career credit - kicked two FGs that very game. Player B played at the same college as Player A and in Player B's rookie year both he and Player A's teams played against each other in that season's finale; but Player A was already on injured reserve. Player C also played for the same college as A & B. On a MNF game, Player C scored a TD to put his team up 14-0 (after the PAT) vs last year's defending conference champ!
List of 60 plus yard field goals:

64 Yards - Mike Prater

63 Yards - Tom Dempsey, Jason Elam, Sebastian Janikowski, David Akers

62 Yards - Matt Bryant

61 Yards - Sebastian Janikowski, Jay Feely, Justin Tucker Greg Zuerlein

60 Yards - Steve Cox, Morten Andersen, Rob Bironas, Dan Carpenter, Greg Zuerlein, Chandler Catanzaro
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:
Todd Pence wrote:
74_75_78_79_ wrote:As a rookie, he helped his team win their first game of the season with a 200+yard rushing performance with 2 TDs; it was vs Dallas. He would end up playing in a conference championship game before his career was over. Two years after that CC game, his teammate - who would only put up 3 yards in that very CC game - would catch a TD pass in a win, also vs Dallas.
The first player is Greg Bell, the second is Cleveland Gary.
Right! Got to do a better job making a harder question. Only mentioning the TD pass instead of Gary's other (rushing) TD that game was meant to throw things off ("maybe he was a WR") but it obviously didn't leave even a dent.
What DID throw me off a little was that you indicated a time span of "two years" between the two games when it was actually closer to three.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Yeah, meant to say three ('92 Rams win over Dallas).