Lousiest 3-QB trio for each franchise

JohnH19

Re: Lousiest 3-QB trio for each franchise

Post by JohnH19 »

Can we parallel Tobin Rote's time in Green Bay to Archie Manning's in New Orleans; a great talent surrounded by mediocrity (not including Billy Howton who was a terrific receiver)?
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

JohnH19 wrote:Can we parallel Tobin Rote's time in Green Bay to Archie Manning's in New Orleans; a great talent surrounded by mediocrity (not including Billy Howton who was a terrific receiver)?
Though Archie never got to enjoy the thrill of a title like Rote did in both Detroit and San Diego. Archie had to wait until his sons had matching Super Bowl titles. :D
Andrew McKillop

Post by Andrew McKillop »

I'd have to put JaMarcus Russell, Marc Wilson, and Dan Pastorini on the Raiders list.
Reaser wrote:Dan McGwire should definitely be on the list. If you went by popular names it would definitely be Mirer, McGwire and Stouffer. Seattle has had some terrible backups and one game players, though. Mirer is definitely not one of the 3 least talented. Neither is Stouffer (at least he had that TD pass after getting his nose broken and falling down, ha). McGwire is the worst and the worst draft pick and the worst $5 I ever spent as a kid on a rookie card (at least I have a card of McGwire in his SD State uni i guess?) ...
When I received a box of 1991 Score for Christmas it was my hope to pull a Dan McGwire RC card. Instead I had to settle for a couple of Brett Favre RC cards. :D
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

JohnH19 wrote:Can we parallel Tobin Rote's time in Green Bay to Archie Manning's in New Orleans; a great talent surrounded by mediocrity (not including Billy Howton who was a terrific receiver)?
As one who saw all of Rote's games in Green Bay and Chicago, I'd go along with that. The Packers were only 26-46-1 in his starts (which is better than 33%, BTW), but they would have struggled to win a total of more than 10 or 12 games under most other QBs.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Andrew McKillop wrote:When I received a box of 1991 Score for Christmas it was my hope to pull a Dan McGwire RC card. Instead I had to settle for a couple of Brett Favre RC cards. :D
Ha. You missed out - the classic all black Aztecs uni, with the dark visor.
shaneh

Post by shaneh »

Todd Pence wrote:These are the guys whose fanbases can never discuss without adding an expletive as if it were a middle name.

COWBOYS - Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Gary Hogeboom
EAGLES - Ty Detmer, Doug Perderson, Bobby Hoying
GIANTS - Scott Brunner, Joe Pisarcik, Danny Kannel
REDS - Heath Shuler, Rex Grossman, Patrick Ramsey
BEARS - Mike Phipps, Gary Huff, Jack Concannon
LIONS - Rusty Hilger, Jeff Komlo, Joey Harrington
PACKERS - Jerry Tagge, Randy Wright, John Hadl
VIKINGS - Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel, Tavaris Jackson
BUCCANEERS - Bruce Gradkowski, Josh McCown, Steve Young
FALCONS - Randy Johnson, David Archer, Scott Campbell
PANTHERS - Jimmy Clausen, Chris Weinke, Kerry Collins
SAINTS - Heath Shuler, Ken Stabler, Bobby Scott
CARDINALS - John Skelton, Jeff Blake, Tom Tupa
49ERS - Ken Dorsey, Steve DeBerg, Steve Spurrier
RAMS - Nick Foles, Steve Dils, Kellen Clemens
SEAHAWKS - Kelly Stouffer, Stan Gelbaugh, Rick Mirer
BILLS - Dan Darragh, Vince Ferragamo, Alex Van Pelt
DOLPHINS - Rick Norton, A.J. Feeley, Joey Harrington
JETS - Kellen Clemens, Browning Nagel, Glen Foley
PATRIOTS - Joe Kapp, Doug Flutie, Tom Hodson
BENGALS - Akii Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, David Klingler
BROWNS - Doug Pederson, Brady Quinn, Charlie Frye
RAVENS - Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright, Elvis Grbac
STEELERS - Kent Nix, Terry Hanratty, Cliff Stoudt
COLTS - Curtis Painter, Bill Troup, Jack Trudeau
JAGUARS - Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Blake Bortles
TEXANS - Case Keenum, David Carr, Sage Rosenfels
TITANS - Lynn Dickey, Oliver Luck, Zack Mettenberger
BRONCOS - Don Horn, Pete Liske, Steve Tensi
CHARGERS - Ryan Leaf, Mark Malone, Craig Wheilihan
CHIEFS - Brady Quinn, Brodie Croyle, Todd Blacklege
RAIDERS - Andrew Walton, Aaron Brooks, Josh McCown
For the Browns I think Spergon Wynn and Johnny Manziel would replace Quinn and Frye. Brandon Weeden is another universally disliked signal caller. Browns fans don't really hate Quinn. Frye was a local boy. Dislike for Wynn comes from him being drafted ahead of Tom Brady.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

JWL wrote:
Nagle had the starting job in 1992 and stunk so bad that the team went out and got a real quarterback (Boomer Esiason) after that season.
My freshmen year in college I was enrolled in a class with Browning Nagle. He never showed (I know, what a shocker). However, later that year I did share a PRT ride with him. He transfered to Louisville the next year.