Two NFL Films-related things

MIKEBENNIDICT

Re: Two NFL Films-related things

Post by MIKEBENNIDICT »

Steviek wrote:As someone who grew up with the NFL, I almost feel guilty that I wish it would just fail. I hate what it's become. The players and their behavior (both on and off the field) are a disgrace, the owners are soulless empty suit fat cats looking to monatize any little crum they can (yes I'm looking at you and your contrast collar shirt Bob Kraft), the stands are filled with rude middle aged overweight drunk white guys (ok maybe that hasnt changed) and the rule book has become the size of a Tokyo phone book.
You had you're nasty players back then so quit complaining about it.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Since I qualify as an overweight middle-aged white guy, what do you suggest? Should I now be ashamed for my love of the game?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

JeffreyMiller wrote:Since I qualify as an overweight middle-aged white guy, what do you suggest? Should I now be ashamed for my love of the game?
No, but get drunk first & vomit on your shirt. Shame follows.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

MIKEBENNIDICT wrote:
Steviek wrote:As someone who grew up with the NFL, I almost feel guilty that I wish it would just fail. I hate what it's become. The players and their behavior (both on and off the field) are a disgrace, the owners are soulless empty suit fat cats looking to monatize any little crum they can (yes I'm looking at you and your contrast collar shirt Bob Kraft), the stands are filled with rude middle aged overweight drunk white guys (ok maybe that hasnt changed) and the rule book has become the size of a Tokyo phone book.
You had you're nasty players back then so quit complaining about it.
Yeah, but the owners weren't as greedy. Ralph Wilson talked once about the difference between the owners meetings of old and today. In the old days, the owners knew the players on their team. Now, all they care about is finding new streams of revenue, and they can't really name many players on the team.