Better LB foursome, '80 Eagles or Blitzburgh?

74_75_78_79_

Better LB foursome, '80 Eagles or Blitzburgh?

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Bergey, LeMaster, Bunting, Robinson VS Lloyd, Greene, Kirkland, Brown

Who's better and why?
JohnTurney

Re: Better LB foursome, '80 Eagles or Blitzburgh?

Post by JohnTurney »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:Bergey, LeMaster, Bunting, Robinson VS Lloyd, Greene, Kirkland, Brown

Who's better and why?
gotta go Steelers, the iteration you mention-----the Steelers, in nickel, would put Chad Brown at RDE and Greene at LDE (usually standing) and Lloyd would be the MLB. But in base, Lloyd was a good pass rusher, I think they made more plays. Kirkland would do well in base but wasn't on field in dime.

Though, I liked Jerry Robinson a lot, none of the Eagles could really rush, and LeMaster and Bunting were good, servicable guys, but not great athletically.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Pittsburgh. Greene is a HOF player, and Greg Lloyd was a fine LB for several years.

Even Kirkland had good range early in his career. I remember an impressive interception he had against Buffalo in 1996. He was matching TE Lonnie Johnson stride for stride. I couldn't believe a big man could run like that.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

conace21 wrote:Pittsburgh. Greene is a HOF player, and Greg Lloyd was a fine LB for several years.

Even Kirkland had good range early in his career. I remember an impressive interception he had against Buffalo in 1996. He was matching TE Lonnie Johnson stride for stride. I couldn't believe a big man could run like that.
Kirkland wasn't a mammoth ILB in 1992 when he came out of Clemson. He was an OLB.