HOVG

JohnTurney

HOVG

Post by JohnTurney »

Put in ballot after seeing nominees, next year I will be nominating Hazeltine and Fortunato, they were not on prelim list this year. Nonetheless. there were still plenty of good candidates listed. Old timers I went with Latone and Doc Alexander, also went with katcavage and Louis Write and Klecko at or near the top.

Will be a good class
JWL

Re: HOVG

Post by JWL »

I also nominated Wright and Klecko. My other three were Fred Arbanas, Mel Gray and Dave Grayson.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

I like the previously stated. Maybe Paul Lowe, Mike Kenn, and Warren Lahr.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Where do I find this preliminary list? I nominated four players and a coach but I didn't have a list to refer to.
JWL

Post by JWL »

JohnH19 wrote:Where do I find this preliminary list? I nominated four players and a coach but I didn't have a list to refer to.
I do not know what list John Turney referenced. I just nominated guys I felt should be in the HOVG.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

JWL wrote:
JohnH19 wrote:Where do I find this preliminary list? I nominated four players and a coach but I didn't have a list to refer to.
I do not know what list John Turney referenced. I just nominated guys I felt should be in the HOVG.

It was just the list of names that were nominated, it was emailed to me ... I thought we all go same email
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

Good players listed above. Also not in as far as I can tell: Abe Woodson, Lionel Taylor, Art Powell, George Christensen, Duane Putnam, John Niland, Earl Faison, Ken Gray, Gale Gillingham, Bob Talamini, Isiah Robertson, Mike Stratton, Ron McDole, Cornell Green, Lee Roy Jordan, Les Bingaman, Mark Gastineau, Abner Haynes, Gary Collins, Dick Anderson, Houston Antwine, Ernie Ladd, Clem Daniels, George Saimes.
Last edited by bachslunch on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

JohnTurney wrote: It was just the list of names that were nominated, it was emailed to me ... I thought we all go same email
Nope. But I would love to see it.
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

JohnTurney wrote:
JWL wrote:

It was just the list of names that were nominated, it was emailed to me ... I thought we all go same email
It only went to members of the HOVG committee to generate the nominees for membership voting.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast