JohnTurney

Gary Jeter, Designated Pass Rusher Extraordinaire, Passes Aw

Post by JohnTurney »

http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/ ... nsive.html

Gary Jeter, Designated Pass Rusher Extraordinaire, Passes Away at 61
Bryan

Re: Gary Jeter, Designated Pass Rusher Extraordinaire, Passe

Post by Bryan »

Jeter seemed to kind of have a "bust" reputation while he was in New York, which probably wasn't fair to him and also might have been a reason why the Giants were fine with shipping him off to LA after the 1982 season. I remember Jeter being a 'distinguished performer' for the Rams...you had to take note of him when he was in the game. Fritz Shurmur played a very basic defense with the Rams prior to Jeter's arrival, then did some very innovative stuff in 1988 & 1989 to get pressure on the QB. I remember Buddy Ryan bitching about Shurmur after his Eagles were upset by the Rams in the 1989 playoffs. The Rams played their 2-5 defense but had the 5 LBs just sit back and wait for Randall Cunningham to do something, and after the game Buddy said that Shurmur was "running high school defenses" or something to that effect.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Bryan wrote:Jeter seemed to kind of have a "bust" reputation while he was in New York, which probably wasn't fair to him and also might have been a reason why the Giants were fine with shipping him off to LA after the 1982 season. I remember Jeter being a 'distinguished performer' for the Rams...you had to take note of him when he was in the game. Fritz Shurmur played a very basic defense with the Rams prior to Jeter's arrival, then did some very innovative stuff in 1988 & 1989 to get pressure on the QB. I remember Buddy Ryan bitching about Shurmur after his Eagles were upset by the Rams in the 1989 playoffs. The Rams played their 2-5 defense but had the 5 LBs just sit back and wait for Randall Cunningham to do something, and after the game Buddy said that Shurmur was "running high school defenses" or something to that effect.
His football career went back and forth, geographically speaking: He played high school football in Cleveland, went to USC, was drafted by the Giants and then sent to the Rams. :lol:
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

BD Sullivan wrote:
Bryan wrote:Jeter seemed to kind of have a "bust" reputation while he was in New York, which probably wasn't fair to him and also might have been a reason why the Giants were fine with shipping him off to LA after the 1982 season. I remember Jeter being a 'distinguished performer' for the Rams...you had to take note of him when he was in the game. Fritz Shurmur played a very basic defense with the Rams prior to Jeter's arrival, then did some very innovative stuff in 1988 & 1989 to get pressure on the QB. I remember Buddy Ryan bitching about Shurmur after his Eagles were upset by the Rams in the 1989 playoffs. The Rams played their 2-5 defense but had the 5 LBs just sit back and wait for Randall Cunningham to do something, and after the game Buddy said that Shurmur was "running high school defenses" or something to that effect.
His football career went back and forth, geographically speaking: He played high school football in Cleveland, went to USC, was drafted by the Giants and then sent to the Rams. :lol:
And then to the Patriots.
nicefellow31

Post by nicefellow31 »

I believe I read that he was the nephew of former Packer CB, Bob Jeter.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

"They call me Jeter, nobody dresses sweeter..."

1:05 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkKlzInR4Y