Super Bowl Golden Team plus the others

Reaser

Re: Super Bowl Golden Team plus the others

Post by Reaser »

Jay Z wrote:Well, yeah. :) I did address Fleming's blocking quite a bit.
I look forward to reading it.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Bryan wrote:
QB - Joe Montana...simply too many great games. Wanted to mention Kurt Warner, but his 1-2 record hurts him.
HB - Timmy Smith...put my money where my mouth is
FB - Larry Csonka...considered Riggins and Harris, but Csonka had two really good games as opposed to one.
WR – Jerry Rice
WR- Lynn Swann…an MVP, and big catches in two other SBs
TE – Marv Fleming
OTs – Joe Jacoby & Art Shell (noticed that Anthony Munoz made one of these SB all-time teams)
Gs – Bob Kuechenberg and…Gene Upshaw?
C – Jim Langer
DE – LC Greenwood…monster games in SB IX & X
DE – Charles Haley…don’t really know why. Martin and Dent have MVPs, and Willie Davis played great in first two SBs.
DT – Manny Fernandez…great in both SB VII & VIII, should have been MVP
NT/DT – Reggie Kinlaw…stuffed both offenses in his SBs. Made Dick Vermeil upset. Joe Greene was great in SB IX, but kind of average in the other 3 SBs. Randy White has an MVP, but how much does the cast fumble count against him?
OLB – Chuck Howley…I am surprised he has dropped off the SB radar. An MVP, and if he hadn’t stumbled out of bounds could have very easily been MVP of SB VI as well.
OLB – Ted Hendricks…this was a tough call. Rod Martin could have gotten this spot, but Hendricks causing the INT at the end of SB V gave him the nod.
MLB – Jack Lambert…dominating in SB X and XIV.
CB – Mel Blount…big INTs in SB IX and XIII, not really tested in SB X or XIV. Also considered Eric Wright, who had great games in SB XVI and XIX.
CB – Herb Adderely…TD return in SB II, key acquisition for Cowboys in SB V & VI who helped Doomsday shut down those offenses. Lester Hayes had two very good SBs as well.
S – Ronnie Lott
S – Jake Scott…one of my favorite players, has an MVP, probably not the best choice but hard for me to select this position.
that is a good team, I especially like Fernandez and Greenwood, but others as well . . . that Golden team should not has as many HOFers as it does.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

No Willie McGinest?

Hey, 16 post-season sacks.