Mirage teams that started off well, but faded fast and late

7DnBrnc53

Re: Mirage teams that started off well, but faded fast and l

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Bryan wrote:2015 Packers and Broncos (?)
Not likely after today. If Denver beats NE, they may only lose one game the rest of the regular season. GB had a good game today as well.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Not likely after today. If Denver beats NE, they may only lose one game the rest of the regular season. GB had a good game today as well.
Next week could very well be the final Peyton/Brady matchup. Would you ruin that by starting Oss instead? Thank God I'm not Kube. Not a position I'd want to be in.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Next week could very well be the final Peyton/Brady matchup. Would you ruin that by starting Oss instead? Thank God I'm not Kube. Not a position I'd want to be in.
I think that Manning is too banged-up to play. He has to rest several more weeks, if he comes back at all. I was listening to the post-game online from 104.3 The Fan in Denver, and Sandy Clough said that he doesn't think that Manning will be back this season, if ever.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

The 1978 Packers were 6-1 after seven games, then 7-2 after nine, only to finish 8-7-1.

Interestingly, they were still in the playoff race until the final week of the season. The Vikings also finished 8-7-1, but won the NFC Central via head-to-head competition (Vikings won the first game and the second ended as a tie) as both teams lost their last regular season game of the year. The two wild card teams from the NFC that season had 9-7 records.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen