Has This Ever Happened?

superbowlfanatic

Re: Has This Ever Happened?

Post by superbowlfanatic »

Look how empty the Coliseum is ! - isn't that Super Bowl I ?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

superbowlfanatic wrote:Look how empty the Coliseum is ! - isn't that Super Bowl I ?
It could be Super Bowl I...or it could be an LA Express game.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

That was the picture I was thinking of, with Tony Adamle going chest-first, not head-first into the goal post.
MarbleEye

Post by MarbleEye »

In the autobiography Earl Morrall wrote (dictated? collaborated on?) after his amazing 1968 season, he wrote about a Detroit Lions*** game where he threw a ball to end Howard "Hopalong" Cassady who caught it open, turned to run, raised his head and slammed right into a goalpost. I think he somehow scored, (memory fails me) and then was either carried off or had his "bell rung" like a Chinese gong and had to leave the field and the game.

*** It may have been the famous game against the Colts in 1960 where the lead changed hands several times right at the end of the game. Again memory fails me and I no longer have my copy of Morrall's book to check the facts.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

MarbleEye wrote:In the autobiography Earl Morrall wrote (dictated? collaborated on?) after his amazing 1968 season, he wrote about a Detroit Lions*** game where he threw a ball to end Howard "Hopalong" Cassady who caught it open, turned to run, raised his head and slammed right into a goalpost. I think he somehow scored, (memory fails me) and then was either carried off or had his "bell rung" like a Chinese gong and had to leave the field and the game.

*** It may have been the famous game against the Colts in 1960 where the lead changed hands several times right at the end of the game. Again memory fails me and I no longer have my copy of Morrall's book to check the facts.
I think it was that game.