2016-2017 PFRA officers

Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

2016-2017 PFRA officers

Post by Mark L. Ford »

It's official-- the four unopposed candidates for the four PFRA elected offices won their elections, which closed on October 31.

Congratulations to Ken Crippen, who will be taking over from me as PFRA President on January 1, and who will continue to have a great team to work with.

Congrats also to Lee Elder, whom the Board had been appointed as Secretary after Chris had moved to the Executive Director post, has now been elected PFRA Secretary in his own right. Vice-President Roy Sye and Treasurer John Grasso have been re-elected to new terms.

We've had successes and setbacks during the past two years... overall, however, the PFRA's paid membership has continued to grow, and the recognition of the organization has broadened as well. No one person can take credit for the PFRA's successes; PFRA works because we have a lot of good people who have volunteered to handle the various tasks that they have an aptitude for. When one volunteer steps down-- we all have larger responsibilities-- we are fortunate that we have other people who volunteer to take that person's place. I appreciate that I've had an amazing group of folks to work alongside over the past couple of years, and Ken will be able to rely upon them as well.
mwald

Re: 2016-2017 PFRA officers

Post by mwald »

Mark L. Ford wrote:It's official-- the four unopposed candidates for the four PFRA elected offices won their elections, which closed on October 31.

Congratulations to Ken Crippen, who will be taking over from me as PFRA President on January 1, and who will continue to have a great team to work with.

Congrats also to Lee Elder, whom the Board had been appointed as Secretary after Chris had moved to the Executive Director post, has now been elected PFRA Secretary in his own right. Vice-President Roy Sye and Treasurer John Grasso have been re-elected to new terms.

We've had successes and setbacks during the past two years... overall, however, the PFRA's paid membership has continued to grow, and the recognition of the organization has broadened as well. No one person can take credit for the PFRA's successes; PFRA works because we have a lot of good people who have volunteered to handle the various tasks that they have an aptitude for. When one volunteer steps down-- we all have larger responsibilities-- we are fortunate that we have other people who volunteer to take that person's place. I appreciate that I've had an amazing group of folks to work alongside over the past couple of years, and Ken will be able to rely upon them as well.
Classy message from a classy guy. I will miss your leadership, Mark.
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

Thank you Mark and congrats to all of the officers. I look forward to working with all of you going forward.

Mark L. Ford will be named as my executive director and Mark Durr will continue in his role as publications director.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast
Moran

Post by Moran »

Many thanks to our volunteers and officers!