Your nominations for worst football card ever

JWL

Re: Your nominations for worst football card ever

Post by JWL »

I will buy that Bob Windsor card someday and celebrate it.

On the 1973 Les Josephson card, a green blob appears to be attacking an Eagle defender who is laying on the ground.
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

JWL wrote:I will buy that Bob Windsor card someday and celebrate it.

On the 1973 Les Josephson card, a green blob appears to be attacking an Eagle defender who is laying on the ground.
Now it's a 15 yard penalty. Back then it was nice and legal.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

JWL wrote:I will buy that Bob Windsor card someday and celebrate it.

http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1973 ... ephson.jpg
fgoodwin

Post by fgoodwin »

1961 Fleer #46, Duane Putnam

JWL

Post by JWL »

Topps card #527 from the 1977 set is awful. It is card about the 1976 NFC Championship game. First of all, there is airbrushing on the front. The front also shows James Harris in action. The photo shows Harris about to be tackled. I do not believe he played in that game.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

JWL wrote:Topps card #527 from the 1977 set is awful. It is card about the 1976 NFC Championship game. First of all, there is airbrushing on the front. The front also shows James Harris in action. The photo shows Harris about to be tackled. I do not believe he played in that game.
He didn't. Harris was told to warm up when the Vikings went ahead 17-0 early in the 3rd Quarter but Pat Haden managed to get a TD drive going and played the rest of the game.
Wendell02

Post by Wendell02 »

SixtiesFan wrote:
JWL wrote:Topps card #527 from the 1977 set is awful. It is card about the 1976 NFC Championship game. First of all, there is airbrushing on the front. The front also shows James Harris in action. The photo shows Harris about to be tackled. I do not believe he played in that game.
He didn't. Harris was told to warm up when the Vikings went ahead 17-0 early in the 3rd Quarter but Pat Haden managed to get a TD drive going and played the rest of the game.
Looking at the fan's clothing, which appear to be of the winter variety, I believe this photograph was taken during the 12/29/1974 playoff game at Metropolitan Stadium. As a Ram, Harris only faced the Vikings twice, in this game and on 11/24/1974 in Los Angeles. The game summary in the 1975 media information book notes that the weather in Bloomington was sunny and unseasonably warm (30 degrees).