Worst NFL Hall of Famers

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
GameBeforeTheMoney

Re: Worst NFL Hall of Famers

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Yeah, Roger Craig is a guy that if you would have told me during his career that he wouldn't be in the HOF, I wouldn't have believed it. As we all know, first with 1K rushing and receiving in the same season. He was a huge part of the 49ers winning the SB over Miami. He had a unique skill set that was vital to that team winning.

In reality, I guess it's likely impossible to have a "perfect" Hall of Fame. I question several additions and omissions in both the football and baseball Halls of Fame in recent years of people I saw play. Roger Craig isn't the only guy I thought was a sure thing while he was playing - Randy Gradishar is another. There are several others in both football and baseball.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Hail Casares

Post by Hail Casares »

Bryant Young belongs on this list.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

I like Ken Stabler and won't fight it, but never looked at him and saw Hall of Fame QB.

My bar for QB's entering the Hall is pretty high though for everyone not named Namath. But there are plenty of QB's out there who are as good or better than Stabler who will never sniff the Hall

Lynn Swann. Yes he was part of an all time great dynasty, and performed magnificently on some big stages (and the era he played in was not so friendly to WR's statistics) but still his highest reception total is 61 and his highest yard total is 880. That's not a Hall of Fame career. Just being an important cog in a great team shouldn't make you Hall of Fame worthy. Butch Goring and Claude Lemieux aren't in the NHL Hall of Fame...

Fred Dean. Just not enough dominant seasons. Broke double digits in sacks just four times. Only played all 16 games twice. Not enough there.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

sheajets wrote:I like Ken Stabler and won't fight it, but never looked at him and saw Hall of Fame QB.

My bar for QB's entering the Hall is pretty high though for everyone not named Namath. But there are plenty of QB's out there who are as good or better than Stabler who will never sniff the Hall

Lynn Swann. Yes he was part of an all time great dynasty, and performed magnificently on some big stages (and the era he played in was not so friendly to WR's statistics) but still his highest reception total is 61 and his highest yard total is 880. That's not a Hall of Fame career. Just being an important cog in a great team shouldn't make you Hall of Fame worthy. Butch Goring and Claude Lemieux aren't in the NHL Hall of Fame...

Fred Dean. Just not enough dominant seasons. Broke double digits in sacks just four times. Only played all 16 games twice. Not enough there.
Bert Jones?