HoF Bruce Smith comments about Hof-inductee Tony Boselli

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Sonny9

Re: HoF Bruce Smith comments about Hof-inductee Tony Boselli

Post by Sonny9 »

Brian wolf wrote:I dont know about the regular season game but disagree on the Championship game ... I felt McGinest played well ... The Jags never scored a TD ... I also remember a Cowboys DE, was it Shante Carver ? eating up Boselli in a 1997 game ...
Is there an anti Boselli bias here? lol Boselli handled Carver that game. Carver got a sack, the 1st one given up by Boselli that year, but Boselli tripped going back. Nothing that Carver did. Carver got a tackle and hit the QBs arm once to force an incompletion. That game Boselli did what he usually does, dominate his opponent.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Whenever Boselli is brought up the first thing they talk about isn't the standard:

- 'Rings' (like Bruce, doesn't have any)
- Stats (no)
- Catchy nickname for OL unit he was part of (no)
- HOF QB he blocked for (no)
- HOF RB he blocked for (no)

They talk about dominating Bruce Smith. It clearly bothers Smith, that's all this is about. Not really about Boselli, it's about Bruce Smith's ego.

Odd that across places online the response has been more to say: "Yup, Boselli never did anything except dominate Bruce Smith that one time."
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

There is no bias, Boselli played great but slightly overrated for me. He wasnt dominate like a Dwight Stephenson but I felt Erik Williams, Mike Kenn and Joe Jacoby were better ...
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Brian wolf wrote:There is no bias, Boselli played great but slightly overrated for me. He wasnt dominate like a Dwight Stephenson but I felt Erik Williams, Mike Kenn and Joe Jacoby were better ...
I will not stand for this Boselli-shaming!!!
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Haha ... I said he played great Bryan ... just a little overrated. Meanwhile, another tackle who played great Leon Gray, never gets mentioned. Its hard to believe the Dolphins released him but he wasnt ready at the time ...
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I'd put Ralph Neely in ahead of Boselli. Neely also made the first all-pro team three times. BUT, Neely also played in almost twice as many games as Boselli (172 to 91), was a big part of two Super Bowl teams in Dallas, and had more all-conference selections. Neely's Dallas teams would have beaten the he11 out of Boselli's Jags.