Talk of Fame's Senior Draft

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Brian wolf

Re: Talk of Fame's Senior Draft

Post by Brian wolf »

I understand Andy ... subjectivity is the name of the game and hopefully we can all enjoy the upcoming elections.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I like to evaluate players based on two arbitrary points in time, with the players playing a disparate amount of games
/seasons. Very helpful.

In fact, I have Jimmy Carter as 2nd team All-Decade President for the 70s, and 3rd team All-Decade President for the 80s.
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Assuming an all-decade team is well done (which eliminates the official '20s team for me), I think it has value. It's difficult to compare across eras, so creating an all era team or whatever you want to call it has value to me because it pits players against their contemporaries. A decade is a bit short to call an era, but I don't know what the right number is, 15 years would probably be interesting. And I'd want it to have a clear first team, a clear ranking within the team. If I recall, I had Gutowsky as All-30s, but I would make it clear he was the 3rd FB. I wouldn't have the 3rd FB as a HOFer, that's more HOVG territory.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Bryan wrote: In fact, I have Jimmy Carter as 2nd team All-Decade President for the 70s, and 3rd team All-Decade President for the 80s.
So who is your first string President of the 70's decade???
Nixon or Ford?!?!?!?!
:D :shock: :D
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Of These Names you mentioned Andy Here is who i Support

Gradishar

Jim Ray Smith

Howley

Ken Gray

Dick Schafrath

Lemar Parrish