2022 HOF Semifinalists

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Brian wolf

Re: 2022 HOF Semifinalists

Post by Brian wolf »

Youre right Bob ...

Its sad how versatile, "all-purpose players" continue to be devalued by the HOF voters. Hester may go in as the best returner, simply because other "best" returners were overlooked throughout history because either they were starters that were either strictly known for running or catching the ball or were players that simply couldnt crack a starting lineup but coaches thought they could make some plays.

Roger Craig and Lemar Parrish are perfect examples of great players being punished for being versatile. Craig could have had over 10,000 yrds rushing but was asked to be a great pass receiver instead and also an unselfish blocker which resulted in helping his team win three championships but no induction into the HOF.

I mentioned Metcalf as a runner, receiver and scoring 13 TDs on punt and kickoff returns but Lemar Parrish scored 13 TDs in various ways, including special teams and fumble, interception returns, while being a great defensive back and yet is cancelled out by his own teammate for making the HOF ...
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Abe Woodson was a darn good returner too and he is not in the PFHOF.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Absolutely Sluggermatt15 ...

Getting back to Brian Mitchell, I thought he did an excellent job running the football for the Redskins and Eagles but wasnt utilized enough in the games I saw. I could understand him not cracking the lineup for Gibbs and Washington, who had powerful runners in Riggs, Byner and Allen but he could have easily helped the Eagles more with Staley and Brian Mitchell. So once Hester goes in, the 20,000 plus yards as an all-purpose back will mean nothing in terms of a possible future election because the returner door will be shut ... Okay, enough from me ... haha
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Now that the finalist list has come out, with only a few surprises, I will predict the HOF Class of 2022

Branch
Vermeil
McNally

Boselli
Butler
Seymour
Thomas
R Barber (Upset)

I still believe Ware and Allen will get voted in '23
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Brian wolf wrote:Now that the finalist list has come out, with only a few surprises, I will predict the HOF Class of 2022

Branch
Vermeil
McNally

Boselli
Butler
Seymour
Thomas
R Barber (Upset)

I still believe Ware and Allen will get voted in '23
My predictions (who I think they will elect, not exactly my favorites):
Boselli
Holt
Mills
Thomas
Ware

And of course Branch, Vermeil and McNally (my favorite and I think the most deserving this year).
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I think it's finally the year for both Boselli and Torry Holt. They have been finalists for some time. I wouldn't also be surprised to see Reggie Wayne. IMO he has been overdue as well.