One conclusion is pretty plain

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
rewing84

Re: One conclusion is pretty plain

Post by rewing84 »

RichardBak wrote:At this point, Wistert would greatly benefit from an organized, professional, and consistent marketing campaign aimed at educating the public and persuading selectors. You have to get family, his alma mater, the Eagles, and a PR firm together and sell his credentials just like you were selling anything else. I've personally seen it work with a couple old-timers who got into Cooperstown---the family or some dedicated fans hiring a firm, which then uses its media contacts to dust off his name and contributions to the game. It doesn't have to be in-your-face...just low-key, uncomplicated but informed, and pretty much unrelenting w/o being obnoxious. Keep it simple---4 or 5 reasons he belongs, and keep hitting those points in articles, podcasts, social media, interviews, letters, etc. Somebody doing a book would be a big boost. Could even be a 120-page self-published thing, just so it's edited and laid out in a professional manner. Something that would describe his life, career, and accomplishments and could be handed out as needed. Grass-roots campaigns of all kinds often succeed. Just gotta be creative and keep at it.

The big question is who's got the time, energy, and money to start something like this and keep it rolling, sometimes for years and years and with no guarantee of success? As Sonny & Cher sang, "It ain't me, babe." But maybe someone else out in PFRA land likes a challenge?
I concur Richard it worked for jerry kramer
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

[quote="RichardBak"]

The big question is who's got the time, energy, and money to start something like this and keep it rolling, sometimes for years and years and with no guarantee of success? As Sonny & Cher sang, "It ain't me, babe." But maybe someone else out in PFRA land likes a challenge?[/quote:D ]

I'm still reeling that Richard labeled Bob Dylans classic a Sonny & Cher song .... yes, the Bonos covered it , but make no mistake, it's a Dylan song ...

Anyway, there is a big difference between Kramer and Wistert, starting with the amount of film and fame There is for Kramer. I dont think a campaign will have much impact for a guy the majority of the selectors never heard of.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

[quote="RichardBak"]

The big question is who's got the time, energy, and money to start something like this and keep it rolling, sometimes for years and years and with no guarantee of success? As Sonny & Cher sang, "It ain't me, babe." But maybe someone else out in PFRA land likes a challenge?[/quote:D ]

I'm still reeling that Richard labeled Bob Dylans classic a Sonny & Cher song ...

Anyway, there is a big difference between Kramer and Wistert, starting with the amount of film and fame There is for Kramer. I dont think a campaign will have much impact for a guy the majority of the selectors never heard of.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Oh, I know it's a Dylan song. But Bob didn't have a bobcat fur vest and boots.
Sonny&Cher.jpg
Sonny&Cher.jpg (32.83 KiB) Viewed 12898 times
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

RichardBak wrote:Oh, I know it's a Dylan song. But Bob didn't have a bobcat fur vest and boots.
Sonny&Cher.jpg
Thankfully that never caught on!
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Never caught on? Tell it to these guys....
Joe.jpg
Joe.jpg (108.16 KiB) Viewed 12870 times
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Different sites like Not In The HOF, Pro Football Journal, Zoneblitz and especially, Talkoffamenetwork have endorsed Wistert for years ... if voters or fans dont know or care who he is, they arent really doing their homework or learning about team and player histories. Jeez, I hope that aint so Joe ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Sorry RichardBak, Parker jilted again. Did his relations with black ballplayers in Detroit/Pitts derail his chances ? What is the issue with him not getting elected ?
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

and there are supporters for everyone----it just all gets muddled
with "campaigns"

Ken Anderson
Maxie Baughan
Cliff Branch
Roger Craig
Randy Gradishar
Lester Hayes
Chuck Howley
Mike Kenn
Joe Klecko
Eddie Meador
Clay Matthews
Stanley Morgan
Tommy Nobis
Ken Riley
Sterling Sharpe
Jimmy Ray Smith
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

John is this list in order and official ?