Les Bingaman

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
JeffreyMiller

Les Bingaman

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Les played just seven NFL seasons, but he packed alot into that span. The big man helped the Lions win two championships, played in two Pro Bowls and was a three-time first-team All Pro. Not too shabby!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
ChrisBabcock

Re: Les Bingaman

Post by ChrisBabcock »

He's on my "guys I could nominate for the HOVG" list. I believe he's been on the ballot in the past? He was also the Lions defensive coordinator in the early 60s succeeding Buster Ramsey who left after 1959 to become the Bills first head coach.
RyanChristiansen

Re: Les Bingaman

Post by RyanChristiansen »

Les Bingaman played seven years for the Detroit Lions (1948-1954) on two NFL championship teams (1952-1953) and in one championship loss (1954). He was a five-year starter (1950-1954) and during those seasons the Lions were 41-17-2. He was a three-time all-pro selection, and played in the Pro Bowl twice.
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium