HOF Semifinalist List Coaches And Contributors

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Brian wolf

HOF Semifinalist List Coaches And Contributors

Post by Brian wolf »

With more semifinalists than the players themselves, these head coaches and contributors are listed. Some I have never known or heard of ...

The Full List

Bud Adams
Roone Arledge
C.O Brocato (Rosemary's Baby ?)
Don Coryell (HC)
Otho Davis
Ralph Hay
Mike Holmgren (HC)
Bucko Kilroy
Eddie Kotal
Robert Kraft
Rich McKay
John McVay
Art Modell
Clint Murchison
Buddy Parker (HC)
Carl Peterson
Dan Reeves (HC)
Lee Remmel
Art Rooney Jr
Marty Schottenheimer (HC)
Jerry Seeman
Mike Shanahan (HC)
Clark Shaughnessy (HC-Assistant)
Seymour Siwoff
Amy Trask
Jim Tunney
Jack Vainisi
Lloyd Wells
John Wooten

Figures that Art Rooney Jr. makes the list over Player Personnel, Dick Haley.
Hoping this is the year for HC Buddy Parker. Glad Vainisi and Kotal made the list.
Still short on Head Coaches however, with Buck Shaw, Blanton Collier, Chuck Knox, George Seifert and Tom Coughlin, not making the cut.

2023 Wishlist

Buddy Parker

2023 Prediction

Robert Kraft
rewing84

Re: HOF Semifinalist List Coaches And Contributors

Post by rewing84 »

what would you think about roone arledge as the contributor nominee brian?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Roone Arledge was a pioneer and innovator for the ABC network and its coverage of the AFL before showcasing the Monday Night Football series. Many people actually believe ABC did a better job than the NBC network broadcasting AFL games but with NBC's connection to talent packager Sonny Werblin --who wanted to showcase QB Joe Namath and the Jets-- the network paid huge money for the leagues broadcasting rights, where ABC had to swallow their pride and hope for another chance which happened with MNF ... Personally, I like Arledge and feel he is worthy but am very wary of television-network "suits" making the HOF. The networks, gambling and game officiating go through enough scrutiny in regards to the integrity of the game and I would rather see coaches, scouts and personnel people behind the teams, get their proper due. Player advocates and labor representatives should also have a voice and hopefully, former player Bernie Parrish will get his chance to be heard amongst voters as a contributor ...
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

C.O. Brocato? Otho Davis? Might as well nominate Eddie Abromoski as well. :roll:
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

My Top 10 Coaches That Deserve Induction If I Was A Voter

Buddy Parker
Don Coryell
Buck Shaw (not listed)
Clark Shaughnessy (HC-Assistant)
Mike Shanahan
Chuck Knox
Mike Holmgren
Marty Schottenheimer
Dan Reeves
Bill Arnsparger (Assistant)

Top 10 Contributors If I Was A Voter

Jack Vainisi
Eddie Kotal
Bernie Parrish
Bucko Kilroy
Byron Donzis (Invented the flak jacket)
Dick Haley
Tony Razzano
Lloyd Wells
Seymour Siwoff
Don Klosterman

I didnt want to add owners but Ralph Hay was considered and Peggy Parrett was more a player-coach. I cant add officials or writers also, though Tommy Bell, Jim Tunney, Jerry Markbreit and Pat Haggerty were distinguished.
Broadcasters were considered as well, including Gowdy, Scott, Nelson, Summerall, Schenkel, Buck Sr , Berman and others ...
Last edited by Brian wolf on Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Very excited to see John Wooten's name on this list.

Helped create the Rooney Rule and later helped enforce it through the Fritz Pollard Alliance. Was a scout for Super Bowl champion Cowboys and Super Bowl champion Ravens. Namesake of the Nunn-Wooten Scouting Fellowship. Truly a great contributor to the game and he was a solid player for the Browns as well, started on the 64 team.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

My Vote For Contributor would be for Canton Bulldogs Owner Ralph Hay
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Would be happy to see Parker get voted in after Howley but I believe the owners will have another owner join the HOF in Robert Kraft ...
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Brian wolf wrote:Would be happy to see Parker get voted in after Howley but I believe the owners will have another owner join the HOF in Robert Kraft ...
If Peter KIng is still in the Commitee then it will be an owner. I'm glad, though, they didn't include former HOF President David Baker in the list. I bet that if he was still working in the PFHOF he would have gotten in in the next 5 years.
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

This "contributor" category is a joke. Not saying they should never put one in, but mandating one a year -- or is it two? -- is ridiculous, whether you look at the list of nominees or the ones who actually get inducted.