David Baker Retires

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
BD Sullivan

David Baker Retires

Post by BD Sullivan »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/324 ... -hall-fame

He's insisting that it's because he wants to be closer to family, but his inability to move forward with the massive HOF expansion plans might play a role. After all, the yearly ego trips that ruin the HOF announcements began with him and would seem hard for him to give up. Below are two notes about the project that was supposed to be completed in 2018, but keeps getting bogged down because of the usual financing issues.

"The idea was first proposed in late 2014, promoted by Pro Football Hall of Fame CEO David Baker. Fawcett Stadium, owned by the Canton City Schools and used for the annual Hall of Fame Game, was in line for a major renovation."

“'We overpromised and underdelivered. People lost faith and trust,' said Anne Graffice, executive vice president of public affairs for the Hall of Fame Resort and Entertainment Co."
Gary Najman

Re: David Baker Retires

Post by Gary Najman »

My only hope is that Peter King and co. won’t nomínate Baker to the HOF. At times it appeared that he was the one enshrined, not the player or coach in question.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Teo wrote:My only hope is that Peter King and co. won’t nomínate Baker to the HOF. At times it appeared that he was the one enshrined, not the player or coach in question.
What was it that they said about Teddy Roosevelt? "When he attends a wedding, he wants to be the bride. When he attends a funeral, he wants to be the corpse."
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Yea it always bugged me him being at the center of every hall of famer finding out he was voted in, the contrived door knock stuff, crashing TV sets in an attempt for some "viral moment" nonsense. You can tell he loved how this gig raised his own profile

I actually wonder if his health is ok, he is a mountain of a man and is usually sweating profusely nomatter where he is or what the weather isImage

hopefully the next executive director will be less of a peacock