Jim Brown RIP

JuggernautJ

Jim Brown RIP

Post by JuggernautJ »

...I really thought he was indestructible...

One of the two or three best players of all time...
Football has lost one of the truly greats today.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jim-brown-hall ... dies-at-87
sheajets

Re: Jim Brown RIP

Post by sheajets »

Wow this is a big one. Rest in Peace Jim Brown - perhaps the greatest running back in NFL history. One of the all time NFL immortals

Too often the term "beast" gets thrown around. "So and so is a beast..." when someone imposes their will on the game and truly dominates the opposition. In reality very few players have come along who can truly be categorized as that. Jim Brown is absolutely one of them
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

IMHO he was flat-out the best RB ever (with Sweetness just a tiny notch behind).
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

RichardBak wrote:IMHO he was flat-out the best RB ever (with Sweetness just a tiny notch behind).
Those are my #1 and #2 as well, Brown is just too far ahead of his competition and to me, that's a big thing.
COmparing across eras is so hard.

But Brown would be a 1st rounder today, IMO.
Last edited by JohnTurney on Sat May 20, 2023 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

RIP

Jim Brown ... A man amongst boys
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

One king talking about another. (P.S. language warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_k221s1Pos
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

I saw Jim Brown play basketball. He was undersized for a center at 6-2, but he completely Harvard's 6-10, All-Ivy League center.

I played lacrosse against him. He disappeared from the game for a while. It turned out that he had trotted over to the intercollegiate track meet that was going on concurrently. He was there long enough to win the high jump (still wearing his lacrosse uniform) before returning to the game. It didn't matter much. Syracuse won 20--5, and I think he scored at least a dozen of their goals.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

rhickok1109 wrote:I saw Jim Brown play basketball. He was undersized for a center at 6-2, but he completely Harvard's 6-10, All-Ivy League center.

I played lacrosse against him. He disappeared from the game for a while. It turned out that he had trotted over to the intercollegiate track meet that was going on concurrently. He was there long enough to win the high jump (still wearing his lacrosse uniform) before returning to the game. It didn't matter much. Syracuse won 20--5, and I think he scored at least a dozen of their goals.
Amazing story.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

rhickok1109 wrote:I saw Jim Brown play basketball. He was undersized for a center at 6-2, but he completely Harvard's 6-10, All-Ivy League center.

Yeah, but he was no George Santos.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

For me he was the GOAT, if we had a Time Machine and he would play in today’s game, he would still domínate.